Pivotal® Rapid Productivity Methodology
Ensure the success of your CRM implementation with the help of the
Pivotal Professional Services Rapid Productivity Methodology
Pivotal’s Rapid Productivity Methodology Pivotal’s Rapid Productivity Methodology (RPM) is a unique proprietary
helps customers achieve a successful CRM
methodology applied by the Pivotal Professional Services team to
ensure your CRM implementation meets business objectives.
• Mitigate risks in deploying your CRM
solution by using processes with successful RPM processes follow implementation best practices and generate a library of living project
outcomes and proven best practices resources that are added to, improved, and elaborated over the course of the project. The
• Achieve predictable costs and timelines methodology is scalable, allowing it to fit simple, single-phase or complex, multi-phase projects.
through a clear mutual understanding of the RPM comprises four stages—Project Initiation and Startup, Requirements and Design, Delivery,
scope of the products and options that will and Wrap-Up—plus an overall project management component.
• Ensure your CRM solution meets Stage 1: Project Initiation and Startup
business needs by clearly pre-defining the Project Initiation and Startup ensures your implementation gets off on the right foot. This is the
requirements of your CRM implementation first stage of any RPM project, in which initial needs are determined and preliminary work planning
and documenting and tracking changes as is performed:
the project proceeds
• Initial Discovery: This information-sharing process involves the completion of a series of
• Obtain detailed documentation on your discovery documents that help define the project’s deployment environment, integration
implementation from a process that creates needs, training needs, and scope, as well as meetings and discussions to review the
a continually refined set of project resources materials collected.
To learn more about RPM and how it can • Estimating and Budgeting: A budget related to the startup, requirements, and design is
address your firm’s unique needs, established, and high-level budget, scope, and schedule estimates are provided based on
call 1-877-PIVOTAL (1-877-748-6825). shared assumptions.
• Scoping and Planning: Following project initiation, more detailed project scoping and
planning is performed through workshops with the customer, resulting in a Project Charter.
Stage 2: Requirements and Design
The Stages of RPM The Requirements and Design stage drills down into what your implementation needs to deliver:
Stage 1: Project Initiation and Startup • Requirements and Design: Workshops are conducted with the customer to define the project
requirements and design. In addition to system requirements, this stage addresses designs for
the project environment (including test, development, and production environments) and system
Stage 2: Requirements and Design
architecture, data planning and migration, and integration.
• Delivery Scheduling and Planning: A detailed GAP analysis is provided, the project plan is
Stage 3: Delivery refined, resource requirements are determined and scheduled, and a detailed project budget
and schedule are developed.
Stage 4: Wrap-Up
Stage 3: Delivery
In the Delivery stage, the Pivotal Professional Services team builds, tests, and deploys your
solution and works with your team to train key stakeholders, ensuring your implementation is
functioning correctly and according to expectations.
• Build: All the components of the system are developed and the code is reviewed.
• Testing: System and performance testing is conducted to ensure the system is working as
planned. Client-led user-acceptance testing allows the customer to test that all aspects of the
system are functioning according to expectations.
• Training: Training plans and materials are developed and delivered (may involve a separate
engagement with Pivotal Education Services).
• Deployment: Configured and customized systems components are distributed to the client’s
environments. Once ready, the system goes live and all final documentation is delivered to
Pivotal CRM | Datasheet
The Rapid Productivity Methodology includes: Stage 4: Wrap-Up
• Best-practice processes, from start to finish In the Wrap-Up stage, the Pivotal Professional Services team meets with the customer to ensure
that all of the deliverables in the project were met and completed to satisfaction. A series of wrap-
• Flexible, phased delivery approaches up activities is conducted to certify Pivotal is providing the expected quality of service, including
• Document templates and samples to enable measurement, a continuous-improvement feedback loop, and hand-over tasks. This stage also
rapid delivery brings official closure of your services engagement and equips you with all of the information
necessary for the continued success of your CRM solution.
• Checklists, check-points, and milestones
for quality assurance • Deliverables Sign-off: The customer has the opportunity to review and sign off on
• A partnership approach with solid transfer
of knowledge • Post-Project Evaluation: The project is assessed on 12 key criteria points. The results are
used to refine the RPM methodology for continuous improvement. Where required, a post-
• Quality assurance checks to ensure project debrief session is also conducted.
implementation success and client
satisfaction • Support and Internal Handover: The Professional Services team hands over project
documentation to the Pivotal Global Technical Support (GTS) team and alerts them to any
• Automatic weekly communication, which unusual aspects of the implementation, ensuring informed support moving forward.
includes Milestone Reporting, Project Issues,
and Billing Summary Mitigate Risk with Effective Project Management
The RPM methodology is built on a foundation of well-practiced project management
principles. This ensures that your project meets your time and budget expectations and fits with
The discipline and clear deliverables of Pivotal RPM mitigate risk effectively. By managing
requirements and identifying critical success factors, RPM helps your internal champions, users,
and the Pivotal implementation team custom-create the right kind of CRM solution for your
company with predictable, sensible costs and timelines.
Pivotal Professional Services
Pivotal strives to help organizations achieve meaningful CRM results by delivering a collaborative
and flexible set of services that are designed to meet the unique requirements of each Pivotal
customer. Drawing on our extensive technical and industry knowledge and proven methodologies,
we give companies the speed and predictability of a CRM solution completed on time, on budget,
and customized to each customer’s unique way of doing business.
Learn more about the wide range of implementation, optimization, and upgrade services that
accelerate and increase return on your Pivotal investment, while reducing total cost of ownership.
Contact your account manager at 1-877-748-6825 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customers outside of North America should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Take the Pivotal Step with Pivotal Rapid Productivity Methodology
To learn more about how the Pivotal Professional Services team can help your organization, call us today at 1-877-PIVOTAL (1-877-748-6825) or visit us
Copyright © CDC Software 2007. All rights reserved. The CDC Software logo and Pivotal CRM logo are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of CDC Software.