Afton Residents May Be Eligible for Funds by farmservice


United States Department of Agriculture • Rural Development 100 East B Street • Room 1005 • PO Box 11005 • Casper, WY 82602 Phone: (307) 233-6700 • Fax: (307) 233-6727 • TDD: (307) 233-6733 Web: Media Contact: DEL TINSLEY, State Director (307) 233-6700 JAN HOSKINSON, Public Information Coordinator (307) 233-6705

Afton Residents May Be Eligible for Funds
AFTON WY, August 11, 2006 – The Afton Office of USDA Rural Development has mailed almost 600 letters to Afton residents advising them of a grant & loan program to assist the elderly and very-low income homeowners with the connection fees associated with Afton’s new water system. The Section 504 Rural Housing Repair and Rehabilitation Program is funded directly by the Government. Grants and loans are available to very low-income rural residents who own and occupy a dwelling in need of repairs. Funds are available for repairs to improve or modernize a home including making a home accessible to someone with disabilities or to remove health and safety hazards. For example, the funds can be used to repair a leaking roof, to replace a wood stove with central heating, to construct a front-door ramp for someone using a wheelchair, or a waste disposal system. Grants are available to applicants 62 years or older who are eligible and the loans have a one percent (1%) interest rate. A grant/loan combination is made if the applicant can repay part of the cost. Loans and grants can be combined for up to $27,500 in assistance. These funds are limited and you must live in the home to participate. The qualifying income limits for Lincoln County are dependent on family size:
Family Size INCOME LEVEL: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 $20,550 $23,500 $26,400 $29,350 $31,700 $34,050 $36,400 $38,750

If you have any questions on this program, contact the Afton Office at (307) 886-9001, ext. 4. They are available to meet with you to determine your eligibility.

Committed to the future of rural communities. “USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender.” To file a complaint of discrimination write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, or call (800) 795-3272 (voice), or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).

To top