The Florida Bar
Young Lawyers Division
2011 Pro Bono Award
Nominations Must Be Received by: November 3, 2010
Florida Bar Attorney Number:
Name of Nominee:
Office telephone: Email:
The YLD Pro Bono Award recognizes the public service or legal aid performed by a young lawyer
(under the age of 36 or one who has not practiced for more than five years in any jurisdiction) who
provides outstanding contributions to those in need of legal services. A nominee must be admitted to
practice in Florida.
The term Pro Bono is derived from the phrase pro bono publico meaning “for the good of the public.”
The purpose of this award is to encourage more Florida young lawyers to freely contribute their time and
expertise in providing legal services to people in their community who cannot otherwise afford those
services. In some instances, this will include legal services to charitable organizations which serve the
poor. The emphasis of this award is on legal service to the poor. The information requested on this
form should be as complete as possible. It will provide the only basis on which to select a recipient.
Associates and employees of the nominee, as well as the nominee, may be of assistance in completing the
1. In a separate attachment, describe the ways the nominee has voluntarily contributed a significant
portion of time in providing legal services to poor people without charge.
Please include the following:
a. List and description of the cases or matters handled by the nominee which are pertinent to this
award. (Please do not use real names or provide confidential information.)
b. An estimate of the number of hours the nominee contributes to pro bono representation.
c. A high-resolution photograph (head shot preferred) of the nominee.
2. Does the nominee participate in a pro bono program, i.e., legal aid society, local bar association pro
bono projects, law pro bono projects, etc.?
If yes, which programs?
3. Has the nominee’s contribution been made primarily by way of participation in a pro bono program?
If yes, which programs?
4. What are the nominee’s principal areas of practice?
5. Number of years nominee has been practicing law.
6. In which local, state and national bar association is the nominee a member? For each association,
provide committees, sections, leadership positions and activities in which the nominee participates.
7. Name of person/organization submitting this nomination
8. Name of contact person with additional information, if different from above.
9. Please attach a current resume of the nominee.
Submit two (2) copies (total) of the nomination form and support materials to:
Copy 1 Copy 2
Edward R. McCarthy, Chair Tom Miller
YLD Awards Committee Professional Development
Weil, Gotshal & Manges, LLP AND The Florida Bar
1395 Brickell Avenue, Ste. 1200 651 East Jefferson Street
Miami , Florida 33131 Tallahassee, Florida 32399-2300