Can one civilization influence the
Questions we will answer
• What was the political structure of ancient Egypt?
• What were some customs of ancient Egypt?
• Why was the River Nile so important to the ancient
• What religious traditions, cultural, and scientific
contributions were established by the ancient
• Do you agree that Egyptians civilization can be called
“The Gift of the Nile?” Explain.
In this project you will…
• Research the Nile, Political Structure, Religion,
Customs, and Scientific Contributions of
Ancient Egypt. See Project Plan.
• Create a newspaper, brochure, and 8x10
• Comment about a question posted on the
• Complete a scavengers hunt about ancient
• We will be using publisher to create our
newspaper, brochure, and poster.
• You will learn to insert text boxes, insert
graphics, and create informative publications.
What do you know?
• Break into groups provided by the teacher.
• Brainstorm with you group and fill out the
information on the Brainstorm page about
what you already know about Ancient Egypt.
• You will have 5 minutes to complete this task.
• Lets begin!
• Now is time for some background about
Ancient Egypt. While viewing this video, you
will need to note 10 things that you have
learned about ancient Egypt. This will be
counted for your daily participation grade.
• Video I
• Video II