1. It is mandatory to use the card for business expenses incurred in line with News International’s expenses policy.
Personal cash and credit/debit cards can only be used where the company corporate card is not accepted by the
2. The card cannot and should not be used for cash advances at banks, ATM’s or foreign exchange providers.
3. You are not permitted to use the card to purchase products or services already supplied to News International
through other payment channels or mechanisms (e.g. PO, invoice).
4. No personal expense is allowed on the card. If the card is used for personal expense you may face disciplinary
sanctions based on the amount of expense and associated circumstances. No personal expense on the card can be
claimed through the expenses system and it is your responsibility to settle those personal expenses directly with the
5. You are responsible for settling the card balance in full each month. It is imperative that you submit business
expenses paid for using the card as soon as possible using the Newspeople expenses system in order that your
approver and the expenses department have sufficient time to process and approve your claim and that payment is
made to the card provider by NI. You have 28 days to settle the balance on the card before the card provider
declares you are late with payment.
6. If you have not settled the balance on the card after 28 days from the statement date then late payment fees will be
incurred. These are 2% of outstanding charges on the card plus a separate £15 administration fee.
7. Where late payment fees have been incurred then you will be personally responsible for settling those costs unless
you can clearly demonstrate that late payment fees were incurred through no fault of your own in which case you
will need to agree with your cost centre owner or the card provider that the late payment fees will be charged to the
cost centre or waived by the card provider respectively.
8. Your personal credit rating will be affected in the event that the card provider cancels the card because you have not
settled the outstanding balance on your card 90 days after the statement was produced.
9. If you have not settled outstanding debt with the card provider after 180 days then News International will inform
you that the outstanding balance will be deducted directly from your payroll before taking the amount and pay the
card provider directly. In the event that you have left the company then legal action will be taken to recover
10. You are responsible for cancelling the card and settling the final statement with the card provider in the event that
you either leave the employment of News International or your department decide you no longer require a
corporate card. You are advised to cancel the card as soon as possible and settle the final statement using the
Newspeople expenses system rather than manually claim expenses after you have left.
11. You should take all reasonable precautions against (and inform the card provider immediately in the event of) loss,
theft, fraud and any other issues.
12. You are responsible for informing the card provider of any changes to your personal details including: name, billing
address, telephone number(s), email address and cost centre.
13. If you wish to benefit from the card provider’s Rewards Programme you will have to pay an annual fee of £35 to the
card provider. News International will pay for the costs of claimed rewards points. All reward points must be utilised
within 30 days of cancelling the card otherwise points will be cancelled.
disciplinary offence which will result in cancellation of the employee’s card account and appropriate disciplinary
action from News International.
15. News International reserves the right to cancel employee’s corporate card at any time.
16. These terms are in addition to, and do not replace or alter, the card provider’s terms and conditions as stated on the
card application form.
by these terms…
Print name: _________________________ Date: ___________________________