Civil War Reconstruction & Key Vocabulary
Objective for today, please write in the objective from the front board. (5 pts)
QUIZ: Causes of Civil War and Reconstruction Vocabulary Review (23 pts)
Click here to go to the website, once on the website scroll down the page, until you
see QUIZ: Causes of Civil War and Reconstruction Vocabulary Review. Click to the link next to it, follow
the link and click Play this game! flashcards with the terms listed below. Type in the correct definition
for each term listed below. To see the definition click, Flip. Once you have viewed and typed the
definition, click Remove card and you will move onto the next term.
“Separate but Equal” -
15th Amendment -
Literacy test -
14th Amendment -
Grandfather clause -
Popular sovereignty -
Emancipation Proclamation -
Civil War -
Total war -
13th Amendment -
Poll tax -
Black codes -
The End of the War (20 pts)
Click here to go to the website, once on the website scroll down the page, until you see The End of the
War. In your own words, write 5 sentences describing the end to the war using the information
Reconstruction (15 pts)
Click here to go to the website, once on the website scroll down the page, until you see Reconstruction.
Answer the following questions from the information provided.
1. How were the southern states feeling after the war? Explain.
2. Why were the Northern states angry with Lincoln?
3. What four things did Lincoln ask of the Southerners?
4. Explain in your own words what took place on April 14th, 1865.
5. Who wanted to punish slave states?
6. What was passed in December 1865?
7. What did the federal government establish to work against Black Codes? Explain.
8. Explain in your own words the14th Amendment.
In your own words, do you believe the United States was truly united after the conclusion of the Civil
War? Also, do you believe freedman had equal opportunities in the south? Use evidence to support
your opinion. It should be no less than 5 complete sentences. (20 pts)