OBAP Summer Ace Camps
Programs and Services Committee
Proposed 2006 Camp Schedule
The Program and services committee is in the planning stages for the 2006 Summer Ace Program
There will be several Ace camps that will be sponsored and funded entirely by their local
communities or other solicited organizations and will be planned and are noted as such.
All camps will be conducted in accordance with the Ace camp procedures and policy manual.
There will be an extensive revision of the current manual, which will be distributed to each camp
director no later than May 2006. This revision will incorporate basic Ace camp policy, start-up
procedures, insurance policy, procedural guidelines etc. This will assist in standardizing basic Ace
camp set-up but is not intended to limit individual camp creativity and methods by which it
provides a full aviation experience for its students.
Ace program national director is Cliff Curtis. His e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org and can be reached at (703)
The following are the proposed Ace camps and Flight academies for the 2006 summer season.
There will be an update with specific camp dates to the website as they become available.
Location Dates Director E-mail Budget
1. Dallas June 6-10 Greg Mazyck email@example.com
2. Memphis June 12-16 Frank Wallace firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Southern Illinois July 17-21 Bill Norwood BillNorwood727@Aol.com
Wings of Charity
4. Ontario Cancelled Houston Mills email@example.com
5. San Antonio July 10-15 Calvin Allen Callen43@earthlink.net
6. Pensacola June 12-17 Craig Abernathy CraigAB737@aol.com
7. DC/Virginia June 26-30 Robert Newkirk firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Seattle TBD M. Fambles email@example.com
9. Louisville June 25-30 Raymond Robinson Robinshood@hotmail.com
10. Atlanta July 17-21 Guy Stallworth Guystallworth@aol.com
11. Atlanta July 24-28 Guy Stallworth Guystallworth@aol.com
12. Atlanta July 10-14 Guy Stallworth Guystallworth@aol.com
13. Los Angeles July 10-14 Eric Braxton Embrax@cs.com
14. Los Angeles Sept 30, Oct 7, 14, 21,26 Eric Braxton Embrax@cs.com
15. Dover Delaware June 26-July 1 James Gordon Aceobap@cs.com
16. Phoenix May 30-June 2 Mike Toliver firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Denver June 1-2 Steve Stevens email@example.com
Yergey Insurance will write the policies again this year to cover liability for the camps. The estimated cost
for insurance will be 10,000.00
Total Budget request including insurance is 50,000
Camp dates will be updated as soon as the information is available, please refer to the website for the most
Clifton W. Curtis Jr.
National Ace Camp Director