Here's a test to see what your handwriting says about you. To take this test, please write the
following paragraph as you normally would, and keep the paper in front of you so that you can
answer the questions.
1. How would you say your letters slope?
Straight up and down?
2. Are the letters in your words
Fully connected, with clear breaks between the words?
Partially connected, depending on the letters?
Unconnected, like printing?
3. Between words, do you leave
No spaces - words are connected, pen doesn't leave paper?
4. How close together are your lines of writing?
Very far apart?
Apart far enough that the letters do not touch?
Close enough that the descenders (like y and g) of the top and the ascenders (like h and t) of the
bottom overwrite each other?
5. What color ink did you choose? (If you used another color, which of these three would you
6. How large was your capitol I in the sample?
Larger than the other capitol letters
About the same size as the other capitol letters
Smaller than the other capitol letters
7. What do your t bars look like? (The crossbars on your letter t)
They tend to be to the left of the stem of the t
They cross the t more or less in the middle
They tend to be to the right of the stem of the t
8. Does your writing
Slope upward on the page?
Go straight across the page?
Slope downward on the page?
9. Which takes the most space vertically in a line of your writing?
The ascenders? (the tops of t and h)
The middle zone? (letters like a and e and n)
The descenders? (the bottoms of j and y and g)
10. How much pressure does your writing show?
Fine and spidery?
Firm and even?
Check your answers with the analysis below.
1. Backward - indicates that you are shy and afraid to show your feelings, hesitant.
Straight up and down - indicates that you are a person with a strong need for contact.
Forward - Your answer to the first question, the slope of your letters, indicates that you are
reticent and very self-controlled.
2. Fully connected - indicates that you are a social person who likes to talk and meet others.
Partially connected - indicates that you are a shy, idealistic person who does not find it easy to
have relationships, especially intimate ones.
Unconnected - indicates that you are a person who thinks before acting, intelligent and thorough.
3. Wide spaces - indicates that you are reserved, shy, cautious, and thoughtful.
Narrow spaces - indicates that you are a talkative person, maybe even a busybody!
No spaces - indicates that you are not very reserved, impatient, self-confident and fond of action
4. Very far apart - indicates that you are isolated, detached, reserved, maybe even antisocial.
Apart far enough that letters do not touch - indicates that you are a person who is uneconomical
Close enough so that the descendants of Y's and G's touch the ascendants of H's and T's -
indicates that you are a person with a well-organized mind.
5. Blue black - indicates that you are rational, conservative, a person who adheres to conventions
Red - indicates that you are spiritual rather than material, perhaps religious, and may have a
deep understanding of other people's problems.
Light blue - indicates that you are strong, vital, energetic, affectionate - you like action and have
an original approach.
6. Larger than the other capital letters - indicates that you are a person with a high opinion of
yourself, or who wants others to think that you do.
About the same size - indicates that you are a person who may be feeling depressed or have low
Smaller than other capitals - indicates that you are well adjusted, harmonious, a person content
with your current role.
7. They tend to be to the left of the stem of the 't' - indicates that you are cautious, possibly
uncertain about things.
They cross the 't' more or less in the middle - indicates that you are not very original but very
responsible, possibly in management.
They tend to be to the right of the stem of the 't' - indicates that you are a reliable, conscientious
worker, with possible leadership potential.
8. Slope upward on the page - indicates that you are energetic, optimistic, and assertive.
Go straight across the page - indicates that you are a person who may be suffering from
temporary depression or fatigue.
Slope downward - indicates that you are steadfast, purposeful, and possibly aloof.
9. The ascenders - indicates that you are idealistic, ambitious, and intuitive.
The middle zone letters - indicates that you are a sensualist, a materialist, and prone to
The descenders - indicates that you are a person with an overdeveloped ego and a tendency to
10.Fine and spidery - indicates that you are a person of sensitivity, refinement, modesty, and
spirituality. You may also be overly critical and austere.
Firm and even - indicates that you are a person of strong but rigid will, obstinate but powerful.
Heavy - indicates that you are a person of energy and elasticity, able to roll with the punches and
adapt to whatever life brings.