Barbecued Grouper with Sweet-Sour Grapefruit Sauce
Courtesy of Customer Hank Blakely
4 grapefruit, unpeeled
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup minced green onion
1 tablespoon Asian chili sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 (6 ounce size) grouper filets, same thickness
1 cup grapefruit juice
1. Grate 1 grapefruit to obtain the zest.
2. Cut the grapefruits into 1-inch thick slices.
3. In a bowl, combine the grapefruit zest, grapefruit juice, sugar, green onion, chili sauce and salt; mix well.
(Marinade can be covered and refrigerated for 8 hours before using.)
4. Prepare a medium-hot fire (about 450°) on a gas or charcoal grill. Place fish in a baking dish.
Stir marinade; pour half over fish, turning to coat evenly. Cover fish and marinate in the refrigerator for 5 to 15 minutes.
5. Lay grapefruit slices in a tight, single layer directly on the grill rack. Place fish on top of grapefruit. Cover grill; cook 10
minutes before lifting the lid. If the fish does not flake when prodded with a fork, close lid and cook 2 minutes more.
6. Transfer fish to dinner plates; spoon remaining marinade over fish. Serve promptly.