Questions for “The Treasure of Lemon Brown” by ____________________________
1. What literary device is used at the very beginning of the story to give us insight
into Greg’s mood?
2. Describe the neighborhood in which Greg lives.
How might this influence the way Greg’s father treats him?
3. How does the author use suspense when Greg goes into the “empty” building?
4. What was your first impression of Lemon Brown?
Did the author use indirect or direct characterization?
How and why does the picture of Lemon Brown change throughout the story?
5. Define irony.
How is irony used in the story?
6. Define symbol.
What item is used as a symbol in the story?
What does it symbolize?
7. What is the climax of the story?
8. What is the theme of this story?
Do you agree with the theme (explain your answer)?