NEW LEXINGTON ALUMNI
Since the New Lexington Alumni Association Scholarship was formed in 1988, seventy-
four (74) scholarships have been awarded to seniors graduating from New Lexington High
Completed application form.
ESSAY TOPIC: The purpose of the essay is to help us get to know you better and to
provide us with a sample of your best writing. Please include the following elements:
1. Describe activities and experiences which demonstrate your leadership and
citizenship in school, the community, or both while you have been in high school.
2. Tell us about your goals as you prepare to begin the next phase of your
3. Explain the influences (experiences, people, etc.) which led you to select the
program of study which you have chosen to pursue in college or technical school.
4. Any other information you think would be helpful to the committee.
Your essay should be typed. Remember grammar, organization, and style are
important since this writing sample is an indication of your best writing.
Certified transcript with your G.P.A. and class rank.
Terms and Conditions of Scholarship:
* The number of scholarships and monetary amount of each scholarship
will be contingent upon the earnings of the trust.
* A certificate will be presented to each scholarship winner at the academic awards
ceremony. The winner(s) should plan to attend the NLHS Alumni Association banquet
on Saturday May 24, 2008 to be recognized by the association and to receive the
necessary award forms and related materials.
* Students must show that orderly progress is being made toward a degree.
* This money will be paid to the scholarship winner each year he/she is enrolled, up to
* The number of scholarships and monetary amount of each scholarship will be
contingent upon the earnings of the trust.
* The student must show proof of enrollment each year.
Deadline: Friday, March 14, 2008
The New Lexington Alumni Scholarship Fund
From available funds, the New Lexington High School Alumni Association will annually award
scholarships in an amount determined by the trustees, to graduating senior students. The
candidates should be able to demonstrate academic achievement and qualities of citizenship and
leadership in school, community, or both.
1. The student must be on schedule for completion of academic requirements and for
2. The student shall have been accepted by an accredited two or four year college, technical
school, or have application pending with one or more.
3. The student should have demonstrated qualities of leadership and citizenship while
enrolled in high school.
4. The student must complete all parts of the scholarship application and mail it, he essay,
and the certified transcript showing GPA and class rank to:
NLHS ALUMNI ASSOCIATION,
P.O. BOX 52,
NEW LEXINGTON, OH 43764-0052.
Application must be postmarked by Friday, March 14, 2008.
5. Financial need will be taken into consideration by the scholarship selection committee in
the event that all other competitive requirements are equal.
6. The scholarship funds will be paid once a year directly to the student upon submitting
proof of enrollment for the coming year to: NLHS ALUMNI ASSOCIATION, P.O. BOX
52, NEW LEXINGTON, OH 43764-0052.
7. The scholarship selection committee shall consist of the following individuals:
a. The New Lexington City School's Guidance Counselor
b. The Officers of the New Lexington High School Alumni Association
c. The three (3) Trustees of the Scholarship Fund.
NEW LEXINGTON HIGH SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS:
Please complete and return this application and requirements.
It must be postmarked by Friday, March 14, 2008
Mail to: NLHS ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
P.O. BOX 52
NEW LEXINGTON, OH 43764-0052
Name Date of Application
High School Curriculum: College Prep Vocational General Business
List colleges to which you have applied (in order of preference)
What is your planned major in college?
List all sources of financial aid which you are assured, or that you intend to utilize to help
finance your education.
Parent/Guardian Name Parent/Guardian Employer
REQUIREMENTS...With this application, please include:
A certified copy of your high school transcript showing your grade point average and
Essay (not to exceed 1000 words)
Since we are interested in your writing, we ask that you sign below to confirm the essay is your