1. Black Minority Ethnic Students’ Officer
1. To be responsible for convening and chair the Union’s Black Minority Ethnic
Students’ Committee through which s/he will consult and liaise with Black
Students and canvass opinions in an appropriate manner.
2. Scrutinise both the Union’s and University’s Equal Opportunities policies to
ensure that they protect the rights of and promote the involvement of Black &
Minority Ethnic students; and to ensure that the Equal Opportunities policy is
properly implemented at all times.
3. To produce campaign materials and resources to inform and educate all
students about Black & Minority Ethnic Students’ issues, particularly those
surrounding discrimination and racism and campaign against racism.
4. To work with the NUS Black Students’ Campaign and other organisations
such as but not exclusively; trades unions, the National Assembly Against
Racism and the Commission for Racial Equality to support national initiatives.
5. To ensure that the Union fully engages in the democratic processes of the
NUS Black Students’ Campaign, for example, submitting motions and sending
delegates to the annual conference.
6. To run appropriate campaigns specific to Black communities on campus, with
resources and other support from the union.