Tri-Fold Travel Brochure Objectives
Students will be able to:
1. Create a tri-fold brochure. (CA1, CA3, CA4, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3)
2. Import graphics from various sources. (1.4, 1.6, 1.8)
3. Download graphic files from Internet. (CA1, CA3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.5)
4. Use good layout rules when designing brochure. (CA1, CA3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6,
2.3, 3.2, 3.5)
5. Compose headlines and body text. (CA1, CA3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 2.3, 3.2, 3.5)
Tri-Fold Travel Brochure
You are the owner of a travel agency here in Warrensburg and are designing a travel brochure.
This brochure will be a tri-fold (3) brochure. Your purpose is to make this brochure appealing so
when your customers come in, they immediately see it. You will be given 4 class periods to
complete this assignment. Your research on the Internet may be completed at home if desired.
1. You need to create a name for your travel agency, address, and phone number. You
might even want to have a special symbol/graphic for your agency.
2. You will use the Internet to research a state of interest to you. You will need to
specifically target a city within this state.
3. You are to find airline prices to this city or the airport closest to the city. Have at least
two airlines listed. If your specific location is within driving distance, state specifically
how many miles, one way, from Warrensburg to this spot.
4. Find hotels/motels/bed and breakfasts/cabins, etc. with a 50-mile radius of this city. You
need to have five and you want to include the accommodations offered (free breakfast,
golf course, free shuttle, etc.), a phone number to call for reservations and how far it is
from major attractions.
5. Find restaurants in your city. You need to have three and one could be fast food. List the
restaurant, cuisine and its orientation (family style, formal attire, reservation required).
6. You need to include five attractions within a 50-mile radius of your city. Include a
description and price(s) for these attractions (if applicable).
7. Include a map of your area.
8. Include three graphics (from clipart or Internet) that pertain to your information on the
9. Remember to proofread, proofread, proofread!!
Helpful Web Sites:
This is how you need to set up your document.
Set up your document in landscape orientation.
Top and bottom margin to .5”.
Left and right margins to .67”.
Set up your document for 3 columns.
Uncheck the Equal column width box
In the Width and Spacing section, enter these amounts:
Column 1 Width Spacing
1 2.64 .7
2 3.00 .7
You will have 2 pages and they will be set up in this manner.
Panel 1—Inside Panel 2—Inside Panel 3--Inside
Panel 4—First flap viewed Panel 5—Back/mailing Panel 6--Cover
when cover is opened
TRI-FOLD TRAVEL BROCHURE SCORING GUIDE
CRITERIA POINTS COMMENDABLE ACCEPTABLE UNACCEPTABLE
Tri-fold Brochure 15 Document was set Document was set Document wasn’t set
up as a tri-fold up with only one up in any format—no
brochure (15) side as a tri-fold tri-fold layout (0)
Name, address and 15 Includes a name, Included only a Included only a
phone number address, and phone name and address name, only an
number for the travel or name and address, or only a
agency (15) phone number or phone number (3)
phone number (8)
Airline prices/miles one 20 Included the prices Included the price Did not include airline
way if driving for 2 airlines or the for only 1 airline prices or the miles (if
miles (if applicable (10) applicable (0)
Places to Sleep 25 Included 5 different Included only 3-4 Included only 1-2
places to sleep (25) different places to places to sleep (5-10)
Accommodations 25 Included Included Included
accommodations in accommodations accommodations in
the 5 different in only 3-4 only 1-2 places to
places to sleep (25) different places to sleep (5-10)
Restaurants 20 Included 3 different Included only 2 Included only 1
restaurants (20) different restaurant (5)
Type of Restaurant 15 Included a Included a Included a
description of all 3 description of only description of only 1
restaurants/phone 2 restaurant/phone
numbers (15) restaurants/phone number (5)
Attractions 50 Included a Included a Included a
description and description and description And price
price(s) for 5 prices for 3-4 for 1-2 different
different attractions different attractions (10-20)
(50) attractions (30-40)
Map 5 Brochure includes a No map included (0)
Graphics 15 Brochure includes 3 Brochure includes Brochure includes 0-
graphics (15) 2 graphics (10) 1 graphic (0-5)
Overall Appearance 30 Brochure folds Brochure Brochure is folded
evenly, all information looks uneven and the
information looks attractive in the information is
attractive, good use sections but incorrectly placed
of color (30) brochure folds within the sections (5)
Spelling 20 NO SPELLING Only 1-2 spelling More than 2 spelling
ERRORS (20) errors (10) errors (5)
Grammar 20 NO GRAMMATICAL Only 1-2 More than 2
ERRORS (20) grammatical errors grammatical errors
Did not have this scoring -15
TOTAL POINTS /275