What is Bullying? BULLYING WEBSITES
Bullying is when a person keeps Download this brochure and other
doing or saying something to hurt, bullying prevention information from
alarm, or embarrass a person or the Kentucky Center for School
group in order to have power over Safety website at www.kycss.org
Are You A Bully? www.Bullying.co.uk
Colorado Anti Bullying Project:
Have you been guilty of bullying
anyone else? Place a check in the
circle next to the bullying action
you have participated in.
Bullies sometimes: Peaceworks:
o Hit, kick, or push to hurt people.
o Use words to call names, Anti-Bullying Network:
tease, or scare people www.antibullying.net
Have You Ever? www.bullying.org
o Said or written mean things Kentucky Center for School Safety
about someone. Murray State University
o Grabbed or broken a kid's stuff 1009 Alexander Hall
o Made fun of someone Murray, Kentucky 42071 They're Not So
o Left a kid out of a group on Phone :270-809-3235
purpose. Tough When We
Kentucky Center for School Safety
If you checked more than one Eastern Kentucky University Stick Together !
circle, you might be a bully. If you 105 Stratton Building
are a bully, you should go talk to Richmond, Kentucky 40475
your teacher, parents, or school
You Can Do Something About Bullies!!!!!!
Tell it or Spell it Watch OUT online! What's With Those
1. Talk to your parents or school
counselor In chat rooms, on MySpace orFace- Bullies?
2. Help others who are being book, on IM or TXT phones, others
bullied might pretend to be someone they There are a lot of reasons why
3. Write a letter to your parents or aren't and ask you to meet them. Tell some people bully. They may see it
school counselor your parents immediatley if one of your as a way of being popular, or
4. Ask your parents if you can look online "friends" wants to meet you making themselves look tough and
up “Bullying” on the internet face-to-face. You might receive un- in charge. Some bullies do it to get
5. Talk to your relatives or a trusted wanted and nasty emails, TXTs, IMS or attention or things, or to make
neighbor have something posted on a website other people afraid of them.
6. Ask an older brother or sister for about you that makes fun of you. If
advice that happens, tell a trusted adult •Bullies might be jealous of the
7. Draw a picture of someone immediately...and keep telling until person they are bullying.
being bullied someone listens.
8. Write a poem or a song about Never give out any identifying •They may be being bullied
how you feel information like stores you frequent or themselves.
9. Talk to your friends about the your school's name or mascot,
bully and come up with a plan Because people can use your personal •Some bullies may not even
that involves all of you to stop information to hurt you or those you understand how wrong their
bullying at school or in your care about! behavior is and how it
Neighborhood. makes the person being