This Personal Driver/Chauffeur Agreement sets forth an agreement between a personal
driver or chauffeur and a client. The form contains the material terms and conditions of
the agreement including the driver's hours, payment details, and the term of the
agreement. It provides options based on whether the driver is an individual or a
company, and contains numerous opportunities for customization to address the
specific needs of the parties. This document should be used by personal drivers,
chauffeurs and their clients.
Personal Driver/Chauffeur Agreement
This agreement is entered into as of this___ day of ___, 20__ [Instruction: Insert date.]
between _____ [Instruction: Insert passenger name.], an individual with an address of _____
[Instruction: Insert passenger address.] ("Passenger"), and _____, [Instruction and
Comment: Insert limo driver name, or in the alternate, company name of limousine
company. If this is to be an agreement with a limousine company, information should also
be inserted regarding applicable state licensing and formation information.] an individual
with an address of _____ [Instruction: Insert driver address.] ("Driver"), [Instruction: Insert
legal description of property.] for the provision of transportation services, namely, Driver shall
drive Passenger as set forth herein.
1. Driver hereby warrants to Passenger that he has obtained and maintains the required
applicable motor vehicle license to operate the motor vehicle as set forth herein, and that
he will, at his sole obligation and expense, continue to maintain such motor vehicle
license throughout the term of this agreement.
2. Optional language: Driver shall not provide security, bodyguard or executive
protection service as part of this agreement.
3. Optional language: Passenger hereby employs Driver under an at-will employment
for no definite term and on the other terms and conditions set forth herein. Either
party may terminate the employment set forth herein, with or without cause and
with or without notice, provided that Driver shall not provide less than fourteen
days’ notice of termination. In the event of termination by either party, neither
party shall retain any obligation to the other except that Passenger shall remain
liable to pay for services previously rendered pursuant to this agreement, and
Driver shall remain liable to return the vehicle to Passenger if same belongs to
Passenger. [Comment: If Passenger is paying any additional benefits to Driver which
would accrue and be due to Driver upon termination, same should be listed here.]
4. Optional language: The first ninety days of employment shall be considered a trial
period during which Passenger evaluates Driver’s suitability for personal at will
employment for Passenger. Completion of this trial period does not guarantee
continued employment for any term.
5. Instruction: Parties should set forth whose vehicle will be used during the term of
this agreement, the make, model, year and VIN number of such vehicle. The parties
hereto represent the Vehicle has been inspected and is good working condition, has the
appropriate inspection and registration, both of which are in effect and are not expired.
[Comment: Parties should consider adding applicable information regarding who’s
responsible to maintain and repair vehicle.]
6. _____ [Instruction: Insert vehicle owner’s name.] (“Owner”) represents that the
vehicle is actively insured as follows: _____ [Instruction: Insert applicable insurance
information.] There are no driver restrictions in the policies, and the policies are in full
force and effect, and will remain so, at the sole expense of Owner during the term of this
agreement. Owner hereby acknowledges and agrees that the insurance set forth in this
agreement is primary for liability, collision and comprehensive coverage. Owner agrees
to notify Driver of any changes in the condition of the vehicle or insurance coverage, to
the best of my knowledge.
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 2
7. Owner further represents and warrants that he is the legal owner of the vehicle. Owner
acknowledges that the vehicle is free from mechanical or structural defects that would
make the vehicle anything less than road safe, and has all necessary fluids necessary.
Parties agree that any and all dents, dings and scratches on the exterior of the vehicle
have been identified.
8. Passenger acknowledges that accidents, traffic problems, severe weather conditions or
other circumstances may, from time to time, delay Driver’s arrival to Passenger, and/or
Passenger’s arrival at his destination, and that Passenger shall seek no recourse against
driver and shall waive any and all direct or ancillary damages which may result from any
9. Driver’s hours shall be as follows: ____ to ___, [Instruction: Insert hours.] ____
through ____, [Instruction: Insert days on which Driver shall be expected to work.]
except as otherwise agreed by the parties. [Comment: If this is to be a limo company
contract, revise to state the date and times on which driver shall be provided to
passenger and what fee will be for overtime charges. Further, parties may wish to
detail when scheduled time begins in such instances.] Driver agrees to perform work
pursuant to this schedule.
10. If Driver is a limo company, the following language may be used: Passenger, as set
forth herein, shall consist of a party of ___ people, who shall be picked up at the
following location: _____.
11. Passenger agrees that while Driver is providing services, the number of vehicle occupants
shall at no time exceed the number of safety/seat belts available for use in the vehicle,
and any occupant who chooses not to use such seat belt does so at his or her own risk.
Passenger shall comply with all applicable statutes while in the vehicle.
12. Driver shall not be responsible for any illegal activities or dangerous conduct of
Passenger in Driver’s presence and Driver shall not participate in any such activities or
13. Driver shall be paid bi-weekly in arrears, the amount of $_____. [Instruction and
comment: Insert pay and any other applicable benefits to be paid to Driver. If
Driver is a limo company, state whether gratuity is included in fee. Also, if Driver is
to have any deductions from paycheck, please make note of same here. If the pay
arrangements are other than as stated here, revise to reflect parties’ agreement.] In
the event Passenger does not meet Driver as scheduled, and has not cancelled within 48
hours prior to such scheduled meeting, Passenger shall remain liable for the full amount
due Driver. [Comment: Parties may revise the foregoing to reflect their true
agreement.] In the event Driver does not meet Passenger as scheduled, and has not
cancelled within 48 hours prior to such scheduled meeting, Passenger shall not be liable
for any payment to Driver.
14. All costs incurred by Driver at Passenger’s direction or for Passenger’s benefit shall be
paid by Passenger at the time such fees, costs or expenses are incurred, including but not
limited to toll charges, parking fees, fuel, emergency service fees and car washes.
15. If Driver is a limo company, the following language may be used: Driver agrees to
provide Passenger with a back-up driver when the primary Driver is sick or
unavailable. Driver further agrees to provide Passenger with a replacement driver
if Passenger is not satisfied with Driver’s work performance, or for any reason
Passenger wishes to be assigned another driver, upon ample notice.
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 3
16. Optional language: Passenger shall provide, at Passenger’s sole expense, Driver
with a cellular telephone, only for use between Passenger and Driver. Passenger
shall be responsible for any monthly service charges for such phone, except that if
Driver utilizes the phone other than as set forth herein, Driver shall be responsible
for any such additional usage and resulting service charges, taxes and fees. Any
such fees may be deducted from Driver’s paycheck. If Driver fails to return such
cellular telephone upon termination of this agreement, Passenger may deduct the
cost of replacement of same from Driver’s final paycheck.
17. During the term of this agreement, Driver may/may not be employed by other
passengers; provided that such employment does not interfere with Driver’s obligations
18. Driver may not assign its obligations hereunder without Passenger’s prior written
19. Driver shall purchase and maintain at his own expense sunglasses, gloves and other
personal driving accessories.
20. Upon termination of this agreement, Driver will not remove any documentation, notes or
paperwork relating to Passenger or any of his guests.
21. Optional language-please note, parties should ensure this language is permitted by
applicable statute: Driver agrees to submit to testing for use of any controlled
substance and/or alcohol consumption in Passenger’s discretion. Driver
understands that such testing may occur periodically during Driver’s employment;
and Driver waives all privacy rights concerning the testing procedure, test results
and agrees to submit to random testing. Should Driver at any time refuse to submit
to testing or willfully fail to appear for any such testing instance, Passenger may
terminate this agreement at once. Driver further hereby agrees he will execute any
medical documentation necessary, if any, to release the results of any such test to
Passenger or its agent.
22. Whether or not specified herein, Driver shall at all times comply with any and all
applicable motor vehicle regulations concerning the operation of same, including but not
limited to regulations regarding consumption of alcohol, seatbelt laws and use of cellular
23. This agreement sets forth the entire agreement between the parties hereto and supersedes
any and all prior agreements or understandings between the parties pertaining to any
subject matter contained in this agreement. Any amendments or modifications hereto
must be in writing and signed by both parties.
24. In case any provision of this agreement shall in any respect be declared invalid, illegal or
unenforceable, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other
term or condition of this agreement, and this agreement shall be interpreted as though
such illegal, unenforceable or invalid term of condition was not a part hereof.
25. This agreement shall be interpreted, enforced and governed pursuant to the applicable
laws of the state of _____. [Instruction: Insert state.]
26. The pronouns used herein shall include, where appropriate, either gender or both,
singular and plural.
Executed as of this __ day of ____, 20 _. [Instruction: Insert date.]
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 4
Signature of Driver
Signature of Passenger
Signature of Vehicle Owner
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 5