White Asparagus Soup
Printed from Vegetable Soup Recipes at http://www.vegetablesouprecipes.co.uk/
This soup is creamy and very tasty. Serve it with warm bread or crackers as a glamorous starter.
600g white asparagus
2 tbsp. flour
100ml crème fraiche
Salt and pepper
1.5 litres of chicken stock
1 tsp. chilli powder
1. Break the woody ends off of the asparagus stalks and chop the stems.
2. Finely chop the onion.
3. Heat a bit of olive oil with the butter in a large pan and fry the onion until soft, around five minutes. Add the
asparagus and cook it for another five minutes or so. Add the flour and cook it out for at least two minutes.
4. Add in the chicken stock, bit by bit, stirring constantly.
5. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook it for thirty minutes.
6. Blend the soup with a hand blender or in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
7. Before serving, stir the crème fraiche through the soup and sprinkle the chilli powder over the top.
Author: Laura Young