DUNCAN POLYTECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL
Daily Bulletin for Monday, March 1, 2010
1. McLane Boys Tennis Practices start today at 3:30 p.m. Please bring your physical
forms and your racquet. (Coach Hotz)
2. You can now pick up your FAX PASSES for March! Passes will be given out at the
Financial Window today during lunch and after school. Duncan will not replace lost,
stolen or damaged passes. You must have your current student ID card to get tickets.
No Exceptions!!! (De Leon)
3. Hey drama members! Please come to the meeting on Monday to discuss Roger
Rockas. If you are going, please be at the meeting in room 32, at 12:30. (Charters)
4. Youth on Fire meeting, Monday, March 1st at 12:30 room 22. (Packard)
5. Students, the Academic Vocabulary words for this week are policy, respond, and role.
Listen to the following paragraph:
Duncan has a clear policy for students seeking office help. The Vice Principals (Ms.
Difilippo and Mr. Vang) respond to any discipline or attendance problems a student
may have. The role of the counselors (Ms. Knabke, Ms. Aguirre, and Mr. Yang) is to
assist students with academic concerns. This policy is easy to understand for both
teachers and students. (Blanchfield)
6. Today, we join more than 25,000 schools nationwide in The Leukemia & Lymphoma
Society's Pennies for Patients program. For the next three weeks we will be helping
people who are sick with blood cancers like leukemia. All you have to do is collect
coins and put them in your classroom's collection box. Our school goal is to raise:
$2000. Every cent counts, so be sure to set a classroom goal and start collecting
LUNCH: Chicken Mole Burrito w/Salsa, Fruit Parfait, Fresh Fruit and Milk.