Comparison-Contrast Essay Peer Review
1. Record the thesis of the essay. Does the author establish the importance of the subject?
2. Record the topic sentence of each paragraph and summarize the supporting information.
3. Evaluate the conclusion. Does it support the thesis and unify the essay? Explain.
4. Are there two references per page, and are they cited correctly?
5. Is there a variety of quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing? Note how many of each are
6. Are the title page and the Works Cited page formatted correctly?
General response: Write several sentences for each.
1. What was the most interesting idea in the essay?
2. What is the logic of the essay’s organization?
3. Make one commendation (what you liked most) and one recommendation (what can
be improved upon). Explain.