Instructions for upgrading NetBackup Client to version 6.5.2
This will contain 3 sections:
1. Upgrading a 32-bit install to a 64-bit install
2. Upgrading to 6.5
3. Upgrading to 6.5.2
NOTE: If your client is already a 64-bit install but less than version 6.5, please skip to Section 2.
If your client is version is less than version 6.5.2, please skip to Section 3.
Section 1. Upgrading a 32-bit install to a 64-bit install
1. Begin by Uninstalling the VERITAS NetBackup Client.
Section 2. Upgrading to 6.5
2. Run the following setup file:
3. Click on Netbackup Installation.
4. Click on Install Client Software.
5. Click Next on the Welcome window.
6. Agree to the License and click Next.
7. Select Custom install and click Next.
8. Use the drop-down box to select “This feature will not be available” and click Next.
9. All settings remain default. Click Next.
10. Verify the “Use the built-in system account” box is checked and click Next.
11. Enter (without the quotes) “shubackup” as the Master Server Name, remove any
Additional Servers, and Uncheck the Install LiveUpdate Agent box. Click Next.
12. Click Install.
13. Click on Finish.
14. Click on Exit to exit the installer.
Section 3. Upgrading to 6.5.2
15. Run the following setup file:
16. Click Next on the Welcome window.
17. Leave the settings as default and click Next.
18. Click on Install.
19. Click on Finish to complete the install.
20. Please Stop and Disable the following services:
-NetBackup SAN Client Fibre Transport Service
-Symantic Private Branch Exchange
21. If you upgraded from a 32-bit install, you may delete the VERITAS folder in the
C:\Program Files (x86) directory.
22. Please notify Matt Passaro (email@example.com) or Evan Gillette
(firstname.lastname@example.org) when you have finished your upgrade.
If you have any questions, feel free to email Matt Passaro (email@example.com) or
Evan Gillette (firstname.lastname@example.org).