of a data base
Ministry of Health
Project n. 99017
development of the project
Having chosen suitable software,
two objectives will be considered:
1) the creation of a data base containing
bibliographic records of the biomedical journals
published in Italy;
2) the creation of a data base containing the index of selected journals
(considering indexes from 1995 onwards).
The biomedical journals will be catalogued and indexed
according to international standards.
To establish an electronic archive with a system of Information Retrieval
as an open platform so that data can be exchanged
between regional and national systems already existing.
Searching will be possible in a free language for each of the words used.
Consultation of the databases will be possible via searches on-line using the Internet.
- Inventory of the Italian biomedical journals
- Creation of the data base of the journals Manuela
- Analysis of the Italian journals present on international data bases Delfino
- Choice of the journals to consult
- Contact with editors Luigina
- Creation and implementation of the data base of the published journals Lazzari
- Publication of the project and loading it into the Internet.
- Conclusion of the project, controlling and analysing feedback Istituto Zooprofilattico
e dell’Emilia Romagna
Analysis of the international data bases consulted Giani
Disciplinary sphere of biomedical—veterinary journals 400 Biomedical journals published in Italy, consulted via international data bases
actually considered Claudie
Health sector 350 Journals indexed by only one data base
(1871 journals) Sources consulted Bella
Journals indexed (1995-2001)
300 Istituto Ortopedico
ISSN Compact, on CD-Rom «Gaetano Pini»
250 SERFILE on SilverPlatter, on CD-Rom Milano
Veterinary ULRICH’S on Disc, on CD-Rom
9% 200 Catalogo dei periodici italiani
BNI, on CD-Rom Antonella
150 CASSI, on CD-Rom De Robbio
veterinary 100 Consultation of internet sites Dario
7% ACNP Maguolo
50 Biomedical E-Journals, on AIB-WEB
Seminario di Matematica
0 Consultation of various search engines dell’Università di
del Lazio e della Toscana
Project financed by the MINISTRY of HEALTH