Dr. Rakesh Kapoor, MD, MAMS
Areas of Interest:
● Radiation Oncology (Gastrointestinal, Soft tissue sarcoma, Lung Cancer and Pediatric
● Brachytherapy (Gynecological, Oesophagus, Lung, Biliary System, Head & Neck)
● Stereotactic Radiosurgery (Gamma Knife)
1992 Diploma in Health and Hospital Management (DH&HM)
1997 MD (Radiotherapy & Oncology)
2006 Associate Professor, Department of Radiotherapy, PGIMER, Chandigarh
2000 Assistant Professor, Department of Radiotherapy, PGIMER, Chandigarh
Department of Radiotherapy, 1997 Registrar, Department of Radiotherapy, Govt. Medical College, Jammu
Postgraduate Institute of 1994 Junior Resident, Department of Radiotherapy, PGIMER, Chandigarh
Medical Education & Research,
1993 Demonstrator, Department of Radiotherapy, Govt. Medical College, Jammu
1987 Medical Officer in various P.H.C. and S.D.H. in J & K State (Health Department)
● Life Member, Association of Radiation Oncologists of India.
● Life Member, Indian Association of Palliative Care.
● Life Member, North Zone Association of Radiation Oncologists of India
● Life Member, Indian Society of Study of Lung Cancer.
● Life Member, Malaysian Oncological Society, Malaysia
● Active Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology
● Member, National Academy of Medical Sciences.
Awards and Honours:
● Bronze medal in MD Radiotherapy and Oncology PGIMER, 1997
● Travel Grant Fellowship ARO, 1995.
● J.M. Pinto Best paper award at SGPGI , Lucknow 1995
● Best Paper Award 10th NZAROI, Apollo Hospital, Delhi, 2003
● 1st Prize in Poster Presentation in 3rd Int. Conf RGCON 2004
● Consultant Editor, J.K. Science
● Clinical Reviewer for Journal of Clinical Oncology
● Purandik Pradhan AROI Oversees Fellowship, 2009
48 papers (national and international journals), 3 chapters in books
1. Evaluation of Dose Escalation in the Primary Radiation Therapy of Carcinoma Oesophagus.
R Kapoor, SC Sharma, K Kochhar, S Ghoshal, V Kumar, V Kapoor. BULL P .G.I Vol 38. No
Address for Correspondence: 4.2005.
2. Hemophilic pseudotumour—is there a role of radiotherapy? A case report with review of
Dr. Rakesh Kapoor,
literature. R Kapoor, GJ Sastri, P Malhotra, Vinay Kumar, Paramjit Singh. Turkish Journal of
Hematology, April, 2006;23(1):53-58
Department of Radiotherapy,
Regional Cancer Center, 3. Endocsopic inraluminal brachytherapy and metal stent in malignant hilar biliary obstruction:
Postgraduate Institute of A Pilot Study. V. Singh, R. Kapoor, K.K. Solani, G. Singh, G.R. Verma and S.C. Sharma.
Medical Education & Research, Liver International, Vol. 27, No. 3, 347-352, April, 2007.
Chandigarh - 160 012 (India) 4. Clinical spectrum and prognosis of multiple myeloma in patients younger than 30 years : Is
it different from the elderly? R. Kapoor, M. Bansal, GJ Sastri, MS Sandhu, M Garg, SC
Sharma. JK Science., Vol. 8; 4 : 225-228, Oct.Dec.,2006
5. Epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors with external radiation in
unresectable non small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients: Indian Expericence. R Kapoor,
PGIMER Chandigarh. Supplement to Journal of Clinical Oncology 2008.