Geometry Connections Name_________________________
Chapter 11 Practice Test Date ______________
1. For the "dart board" at the right, what is the probability 8"
of hitting the shaded region? Explain your answer.
2. If you wander through the maze at right, which room B
are you most likely to wander into? Justify your
answer by calculating the probabilities of wandering
into each room.
3. For each dart board, calculate the probability of hitting the lower left section if the radius of each section is
4. Use the spinner at right, and determine the following
a) P(A) b) P(A or C)
c) P(D) d) P(E)
5. Use the spinner at right to find:
a) P(red) b) P(blue)
c) P(green) d) P(yellow)
6. Determine the probability of hitting the shaded parts.
6 5 8
Bombers, in attempts to wipe out munitions
areas, drop bombs inside triangular shaped
fields. In one case the field is an
equilateral triangle with each edge 1 km 1 km
measuring 1 km, with a munitions building at
each vertex. If a bomb lands within km
3 1 km
of the building, it destroys the building. 1 1
What is the probability of destroying a
8. Zoe, your favorite sheep, is tethered at point A with a rope 15 60'
feet long. (It seems a group of wild geometry students are
out to get her so she must stay tied up and in the pasture.) 20'
What is her grazing area? •
9. Simplify each expression.
(x + 2)(x + 2) x2 + 4x
(x - 3)(x + 2) 2x + 8
x2 + 5x + 6 x+9
b) d) Does = 9 ? Explain.
x2 + x - 6
10. Find the total surface area, and volume of each shape. All units are cm.
a) b) c) Base is a square