Cheat Codes for Factors, Determining Composite
Numbers and Reducing Fractions
A. What is a Cheat Code?
1. In this case, a cheat code is a pattern that can be used
to help do the following:
a. Determine the factors of a number.
b. Determine if a number is composite.
c. Find numbers that can be divisors to reduce
B. Cheat Codes for Factors
1. All numbers that are even have 2 as a factor.
2. All numbers whose digits add up to a multiple of 3 have
3 as a factor.
3. All numbers that end in 5 have 5 as a factor.
4. All numbers that end in 0 (except 0) have 5 and 10 as
5. All Numbers that are duplicate digits (11, 22, 33 etc.)
have 11 as a factor.