Quiz 1, week 6
1. An IP packet header has several fields. One of them is __.
2. what image format would you use for a photo of a landscape?
3. Is Internet chat a/an
a. Synchronous application
b. Bisynchronus application
c. Desynchronous application
d. Asynchronous application
4. If an image has a 2:1 aspect ratio, and it is 10 inches wide, how tall is it?
5. When you capture an image using a camera or scanner, you should:
a. Capture as much information as you can to get clarity.
b. Capture as little information as you can to save storage space.
c. Capture a medium amount of information as a compromise.
6. We described a four step workflow for image processing. What was the third step?
7. Which of the following is true?
a. Resizing an image to make it larger adds information
b. Resizing an image to make it smaller throws away information
c. Resizing an image does not change the amount of information in it.
d. You cannot say – it depends upon the image
Quiz 2, week 7
1. How many bits will an 8 gigabyte flash drive hold?
2. At 10 Mb per second, how long will it take to transfer a 20 Mb file across the Internet?
3. At 10 Mb per second, how long will it take to transfer a 2 MB file across the Internet?
4. Data + ____ → information
5. Which is true?
a. A message that is 100 bits long conveys more information than a message that is 90 bits
b. A message that is 90 bits long conveys more information than a message that is 100 bits
c. You cannot say for sure, it depends upon other factors.
6. Clay Shirky mentioned two media that were good for conversation as opposed to broadcast.
One was the Internet, what was the other?
Quiz 3, week 9
1. When an image is compressed:
a. Information is lost.
b. Information is gained.
c. The amount of information is unchanged.
d. One cannot say – it depends upon other things.
2. Which of the following is a compressible image format?
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
3. Which of the following data types cannot be compressed?
e. None of the above
4. __________________For how many of the following would you require lossless
compression? Images, Video, Audio, Spreadsheets, Text
Quiz 4, Week 10
1. The last tag on an HTML page is _____ .
2. The HTML tag to create a paragraph break is _____.
3. The program we use to create HTML pages is _____.
4. The inventor of the Web was _____.
5. How many of the following statements are true?
a. Tags have values
b. Tags have attributes
c. Attributes have tags
d. Attributes have values
e. Tags have values
6. HTTP tags alter
a. Page content
b. Page appearance
c. Both of the above
d. None of the above
7. The Google Reader user interface has two columns.
a. The right hand column is for content, the left a list of subscriptions.
b. The right hand column is a list of subscriptions, the left is for content.
c. There is no list of subscriptions.
d. The content is not displayed, there are links to it.
Quiz 5, week 11