TENS Machine Hire
A TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) machine can help reduce your pain during
labour and childbirth.
CAPC has several TENS machines available for hire by our members for $50.00 plus $50.00 bond
(your bond will be refunded within 7 working days of machine return). You can make a booking for
the two weeks prior to your due date until two weeks post due date. To book, contact the Lending
All machines are hired with new pads. You will need to supply your own 9 volt alkaline battery.
You are responsible for collecting and returning the TENS machine. We appreciate that early days
with your baby are busy, but as others are waiting to hire the machine, we ask that you return it
as promptly as possible.
Lending Coordinator: How to Pay:
Home: 84 555 75 (evenings) Internet banking (preferred method): Deposit $100.00 into ASB
Mobile: 021 546 866 account 12 3029 0310911 00. Use your surname and ‘TENS Hire’ as a
Email: email@example.com reference.
Cheques: Please provide two cheques of $50.00: one for the hire fee
and one for your bond amount.
Cash: correct change is appreciated.
Terms and Conditions
1. The TENS machine should only be used in accordance with the instructions provided, including
the use of alkaline batteries only.
2. The success of a TENS machine in labour is not guaranteed by Central Auckland Parents Centre.
3. The TENS machine must not be used by anyone fitted with a cardiac pacemaker, who has a heart
disease or suffers from epilepsy. If you have any concerns whatsoever consult your medical
advisor prior to use.
4. The TENS machine cannot be used in water. If the user wishes to enter a bath, birthing pool or
shower, the TENS pads should be removed.
5. The TENS machine must not be used until the pregnancy has reached full term (37 weeks
6. If the machine is not returned for any reason the customer will be charged for that machine
($360). If the machine is returned incomplete or damaged, the customer will be charged
accordingly for the missing item/s or repair.
7. Non-use of the hired TENS machine is entirely at the discretion of the customer and no refund
8. The customer should check the contents of the hire pack upon receipt and familiarize
themselves with the TENS machine and the instructions.
9. If you want more help most hospitals are happy to show you how to use the TENS machine prior
to your due date. Give your nearest hospital a call to find out more details.
In providing Central Auckland Parents Centre with personal contact details and payment, the
customer agrees to the above terms and conditions.
TENS Hire Agreement Page 1 of 1 Version 2.0