and Satvik Reddy
• Spain’s population is approximately 40 million
• Madrid the capital city of Spain is also the biggest
city, with a population of 3,093,000 people.
• People in Spain include a variety of cultures
including Portuguese, Spanish, Galicians, Catalan,
and Castilian Spanish.
• In Spain people still enjoy fiestas, fairs, and
religious celebrations. People also still enjoy
bull fighting. The people dress in different
costumes and parade through the town.
• Food in Spain is not that different than what
we eat here. The like bread, rice and pastas,
sandwiches, seafood, and different oils.
• But it’s not exactly the same. Barra is a
famous bread in Spain, it is a Spanish version
of the French baguette.
• People in Spain love meat, game, and poultry.
Chuletones are big slabs of steak that people
Physical Geography of Spain
• Spain has peninsulas, rivers, mountains, islands,
beaches, deserts, and green country sides.
• The physical geography of Spain is very diverse.
• The Pyrenees mountain range is the 4th longest
mountain range in Spain, and it also forms the border
between Spain and France.
•The Tajo river is the longest river in Spain
with a length of 1,007 km.
• Spain’s economy is the fifth largest economy in
the European union. It is also the eighth largest
economy in the world.
• Over a long period of time Spain’s economy has
been growing steady since about the mid
1900’s. But now it has been reversed due to
• Also farming has been a important roll all
throughout Spain. Spain’s is know for growing
olive trees and almonds.
Picture a Country Spain by Henry Pluckrose pgs.9-
Eyewitness Travel Guide pgs.315