• Limiting Factors--Somthing that controls a process, such
as organism growth or species population, size, or
distribution. The availability of food, predation pressure,
or availability of shelter are examples of factors that
could be limiting for a organism.
• Density Dependent Limiting Factors--A limiting factor of
a population wherein large, dense populations are more
strongly affected than small, less crowded ones.
• Examples: Food supply; water supply; disease;
predation; competition; living space; Usually related to
• Density Independent Limiting Factors--
Density independent factors can affect a
population no matter what it’s density is.
Usually are abiotic factors.
• Examples: natural disasters, temperature,
sunlight, camouflage, migration and