Hanukkah Fortune Teller
The dreidel game changed a
German gambling game into a reminder of
the miracle of Hanukkah.
Here is a fun game to play on Hanukkah which is
based on an American game, fortune-tellers.
Fortune Teller pattern and (optional) paper and pencil.
What to Do:
1. Cut out your Hanukkah Fortune Teller Game
er What did
along the heavy solid lines. e the cat say
2. Lay it on a flat surface, writing side down. when it spilled
Fold the corners to the middle. Maccabee the oil? candle
3. Turn it over and fold those corners to the Nobody’s
divide nine potatoes
evenly between five
When it’s made
piece of wood
How do you
into a ruler.
4. Fold in half lengthwise, open it, then fold it
When is a
in half horizontally. Open it again. Put your
fingers into the flaps on the outside. You’re
ready to play! hanukkiah!
5. Ask a friend to pick one of the outside flap Time to get a new
words. Open and close your fortune teller Hanukkiah hanukkiah? oil
elephant sits on your
the number of letters in the word. Now
is it when an
have your friend look inside and pick one of a
those words. Open and close your fortune G
teller the number of letters in that word.
Have your friend look inside again and pick
one of those words. Open the flap under
the word your friend has chosen and read
the Hanukkah joke. Have fun!
6. You can make another Hanukkah fortune teller
with your own jokes too!