Hot Wheels Banked Curve Write-Up
After completing the hot wheels experiment, answer the following questions in paragraph
form. There should be a minimum of 3 paragraphs.
Paragraph 1: Preparation:
1) The procedure you followed to prepare for the building of this project. (Formula used,
brief descriptions of what you had to calculate, drawing, etc.)
2) What was the most challenging part of the preparation of this project and why?
3) What did you learn in preparing to build this project?
4) What career would require this preparation of you? Briefly describe the demands of this
Paragraph 2: Building
1) The procedure you followed to build this project. (use of measuring tools, use of tools
to prepare metal, Trials and manipulation/adjusting, etc.)
2) What was the most challenging part of the building of this project and why?
3) What did you learn in building this project?
4) What career would require this building of you? Briefly describe the demands of this
5) How did your original plans change in the building of this project? Why do you think
Paragraph 3: Testing and Conclusion
1) The success of the car:
a. If your project did not work the first time, briefly describe using physics
terms why it did not work the first time. (DESCRIBE in detail all possible
reasons for malfunction, compare how it ran before the test to how it ran
while testing it, What human errors could have occurred versus what
physical errors in the structure could have occurred?)
b. IF your project worked the first time, describe what made it work, what
structures led to the success of the car’s completion. Use Physics words to
describe all parts of the track’s success.
2) If you could do this again how would you do it differently to achieve greater
success? Use physics words to describe why each new improvement would work with
the laws of physics to achieve success.
3) What did you learn overall from this project about physics, and about building?
4) Describe your greatest challenge and your greatest success.