Springfield Township High School
Social Studies 1985: Senior Seminar
Date: 3 - __24__ - 10
Peer Review Assignment
Type the paper title then the author’s name. Respond to each question or prompt for
each research paper. A new document is to be used for each peer research paper. Type
responses on this document unless otherwise indicated.
Paper Title:___Stereotypes regarding Heavy Metal__________
Paper Author:__Peter Lasalle___________________________________
1. Explain (by typing) how the introduction provides necessary context for a reader
prior to reading the thesis. Is there sufficient background information provided?
Explain why or why not.
The introduction is very good, starting off with an intense description of attacks on heavy metal.
However, I would suggest a lengthier intro that perhaps describes a bit about what exactly constitutes
2. Complete the following:
Type the paper topic
Heavy Metal false stereotypes.
Type the thesis
Through confusion and misunderstandment, society along with the PMRC, has deemed
Heavy Metal for something that it is not, in effect, created negative stereotypes towards
the Heavy Metal community.
3. On notebook paper or in this electronic document, explain/identify the following:
Attached to hard copy.
4. Identify the ratio of resources cited to the number of content pages of the paper
(excluding the title page and bibliographic pages). 7:10
5. Identify four sections (groups of sentences) which is an original analysis of the
subject/topic by the author.
a. Page #__2__, Line # __7___ - __9___
b. Page #__4__, Line # __1___ - __6___
c. Page #__7__, Line # __1___ - __3___
d. Page #__8__, Line # ___19__ - __22___
6. Highlight all quotes and paraphrases with pink/red ink.
7. Do any of the quotes or paraphrases exceed four lines? Yes
If so, is it/they properly formatted in a block? _______Yes______________
If it/they is not, indicate the page number(s): ______________________
8. Explain how each block quotation supports the thesis.
The quote on page 3 is a powerful defense of Heavy Metal by a heavy metal performer
that supports the thesis. The quote on page 8 describes the possibility of multiple
interpretations of a song, supporting the thesis by saying that what one person may find
offensive and immoral may be a story of struggle to another.
9. Does the writer use the personal I, me, you, we or us? If the personal pronouns are
within the paper, identify them by circling them with blue ink. Yes.
10. Do pronouns agree with their antecedents? If there are such errors, indicate
them by underlining them with a squiggly/curved underline. (In the situation that I do
remember the definition of an antecedent from my Language Arts classes, I have to
dictionary or other resource.) Yes.
11. Do any of the sentences end with prepositions? Identify them by circling the
preposition with red
ink. (In the situation that I do not remember the definition of a preposition from my
Arts classes, I have to reference a dictionary or other resource.)
12. Are there any colloquialisms or slang in the paper? If there are any, indicate them
by drawing a
square or rectangle around the word(s). (In the situation that I do not know what
colloquialism means, I have to reference a dictionary or other resource.)
Type two compliments regarding the author’s research paper below:
1) You seem very enthusiastic about your topic, and this enthusiasm shows through
2) Your quotes are very powerful and support your thesis well.
Type any additional feedback for the author: