Role: Data Architect
Looking for a Data Architect who would be the champion of the Data and structuring it to meet the
business needs. You are passionate about data and everything about it. You should be able to
collaborate with various teams and work well in a matrix environment. The Team, our IT and Business
Partners should feel great working with you. You will be working in the SF office on Market Street.
1. Work with the entire Business Intelligence team to develop a Retail specific BI Platform that
conforms to consistent methodologies, standards and industry best practices.
2. Participate in defining and documenting overall data architectures for custom business
3. Own, develop and nurture the logical & physical DW data model to support macys.com
4. Architect, develop and ensure effective deployment of business functional specific semantic
5. Architect, design and ensure deployment of the metadata layer
6. Understand the business objectives and adjust the architecture to efficiently meet the
objectives in a timely manner with a focus on data integrity and quality.
7. Ensure that all of the products and data within the platform are architected and integrated as a
cohesive unit, ensuring proper documentation.
8. Participate in evaluating requirements, working with engineers and product managers to
provide solutions to end users.
9. Provide technical leadership to other members of the development team and project managers
in a positive manner to deliver on-time and above standard applications for our clients.
10. Participate in product evaluations, RFP’s, POC’s and business decisions to ensure fit and scale
into the platform and the organization.
1. Extensive experience with very large data repositories (10+ terabytes)
2. Must be highly motivated, a quick learner, to work independently or on a team and drive solutions
with minimal supervision.
3. Experience with full Software Development Lifecycle methodologies, experience with Agile a Plus
4. Flexible: capable of juggling multiple priorities and willing to do what it takes to meet critical
5. Effective communicator: able to work with executives, engineers, managers, web/API/database 6.
developers, QA testers, internal customers and external partners.
7. Extensive experience architecting OLTP/OLAP databases with enterprise modeling tools like ERStudio,
8. Strong written communication skills including design documentation, proof of concept and prototype
analysis and documentation.
9. Expert level understanding of relational database concepts, dimensional database concepts and
database architecture and design.
10. Experience with DB2 Warehouse edition, Oracle, Teradata or other large scale data warehouse
11. Deep understanding of data warehouse approaches, industry standards and industry best practices.
12. Very competent SQL skills for DB2, Oracle, SQL Server & Teradata platforms.
7-10 years working as a Architect for software development, database and Business Intelligence