Problems with the Colony of New France
1. Between 1608 and 1661, New France grew by an average
of only 24 people each year.
2. The fur-trading merchants are a problem- they’re only
interested in making money.
3. There are very few farmers in New France because the
merchants discourage farming.
4. The colonists fear attack by the Iroquois.
5. The fur trade is losing money. The number of furs has been
reduced to very little because the Iroquois are intercepting
cargo along the rivers.
6. Officials in New France seem to be powerless to do
7. New France is on its last legs.