OSU Internet Username Instructions
1. Once your appointment is approved you will be sent an official letter
announcing your appointment. Once you receive this letter, you will
need to activate your OSU Internet Username. To do this you will
need your SS# and DOB. This Username and its associated password
will give you access to the online resources available at OSU and give
you an OSU e-mail address in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. You will need to activate your account.
a. Go to the OSU office of Information Technology website at
b. Click on Account Management under Quick Links on the right
hand side of the page.
c. Click on the OSU Internet Username tab
d. Click on Activate Account tab and follow instructions
3. Once you have activated your account you can access your e-mail at
4. Any time you are prompted for a username and password to access
materials on the OSU system, use your OSU Internet Username and
5. Other names used: Internet ID, Kerberos ID, name-dot-number
6. If you have any problems contact the office of Information
Technology at 614-688-HELP (4357); email@example.com; 8help.osu.edu
7. Below are some of the resources that will be available to you once
your account is active.
a. Libraries http://library.osu.edu
b. Carmen (Online course management system) Instructors will be
able to allow you access to their classes so that you can view
class materials. http://carmen.osu.edu
c. Free or Discounted software – OSU offers a Personal Use
Program where some Microsoft products can be purchased at a
discounted rate. You will also have access to anti-virus
software and much more. Go to the OIT website
http://oit.osu.edu for more information.