INSTRUCTIONS: Listen carefully to the presentation and fill in the blanks as we go. This
guide will be a great help in studying for the State Competency Test as well as completing
1. What is the Internet?
2. What is a “Network?
3. What is a LAN?
4. What is a WAN?
5. What does WWW stand for?
____________________ _______________________ ___________________
6. How is information sent over the Internet?
7. What is a modem?
8. What kind of information is Digital info?
9. What kind of information is Analog info?
10. What is the Title Bar?
11. What is the Toolbar?
12. What is an Icon?
13. What is the Address Bar?
14. What is a URL?
15. What is the Refresh Button?
16. What is the Home Button?
17. Where is the Web page Area?
18. What is the Status Bar?
19. What is the Menu Bar?
20. What are the Scroll Bars?
21. How do you navigate the Internet?
22. What is a Search Engine?
23. Name some common Search Engines?
24. The term we use when exploring the Internet is ______________________________.
25. When speaking of the Internet of the future, we refer to it as the ____________________.
26. Chatting with someone on the Internet is called ______________________________.
27. The type of mail sent over the Internet is called _______________________________.
28. The part of the Internet that returns bounced mail is ____________________________.
29. The rules of conduct and behavior on the Internet are called ________________________.
30. Unwanted Internet garbage is called: ______________________________________.
31. In order to preserve your privacy on the Internet, you must use a ____________________.
32. What is an ISP?
33. Name some ISP’s:
34. “________________________ ________________________” indicates to the computer world
that a person will be happy with the company and the computer they have.
35. What is a Browser?
36. Name two of the most common browsers:
37. What is a Web Page?
38. What is it called when you connect to the Web Page you are looking for? ________________.
39. What allows you to jump from one Web site to another? __________________________.
40. What is a domain?
41. Name some common domains:
42. What is the AUP?
43. What is HTML?
44. What is HTTP?
45. What is a Boolean Operator?