FINDING NEMO DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
a. abiotic factors:
b. biotic factors:
e. food chain:
f. food web:
o. predator-prey relationship:
1. Throughout the movie, list any ABIOTIC factors that you might see.
2. Throughout the movie, list any BIOTIC factors that you might see.
3. What is the relationship between Marlin and the home he picked out for his family?
4. Identify the relationship between the barracuda and Coral.
5. Nemo had a “lucky fin.”which was smaller than the other. Of what might this be an
example? What are some possible factors that may have contributed to this?
6. Why did Marlin consider the ocean unsafe? Why would it seem unsafe for small fishes
like Nemo and Marlin?
7. What are some of the adaptations that Nemo’s schoolmates have? Why are they
8. Throughout the movie, name some of the species of organisms that you recognize.
9. Give 3 examples of predators from the movie.
10. If it were really true that sharks didn’t eat smaller fish, how would that affect the food
11. Why did Bruce try to attack Dory and Marlin?
12. List any invertebrates that are featured in the movie.
13. List any vertebrates that are featured in the movie.
14. Give the common names any of the animals (that you can identify) Nemo met in the
15. Which organisms would be considered autotrophs?
16. Create a food web or food chain based upon some of the organisms from the movie.
17. Why did the angler fish have a light on his head? How would he use it to get food?
18. What adaptations do jellyfish have to help them survive? How would that be helpful?