ACCEPTABLE INTERNET USE POLICY
West Shore Lutheran School
Part of the West Shore computer curriculum includes use of the Internet. Students will use the internet
for a variety of educational purposes in both the computer lab and classroom setting. As we all know
the Internet is a wonderful source of information. Our students will be instructed in the proper use of
this resource. We also know that there are areas of the internet that should not be accessed. Every
precaution will be taken to be sure that your student does not access these areas. If there are any
questions please call 755-1048 or 759-3289.
These are the guidelines we follow to prevent the loss of computer privileges at
West Shore Lutheran School:
1. Do not use a computer to harm other people or their work.
2. Do not damage the computer or the network in any way.
3. Do not interfere with the operation of the computers by installing any illegal software, shareware
4. Do not violate copyright laws.
5. Do not view, send or display offensive messages or pictures.
6. Do not waste limited resources such as disk space or printing capacity.
7. Do not trespass in another’s folder, work or files.
8. Do notify an adult immediately if, by accident, you encounter inappropriate materials.
9. BE PREPARED to be held accountable for your actions and for the loss of privileges if the Rules
of Appropriate Use are violated.
As a parent or guardian of a student at School, I have read the above information about the appropriate
use of computers at the school and I understand this agreement will be kept on file at the school. My
child may use e-mail and the Internet while at school according to the rules outlined.
__________ Initial here if you would prefer that your child NOT use e-mail and the Internet while at
DATE: Revised 2/4/10