- the closest to the sun;
- the hottest and it is too hot to support life;
- it is grey in colour;
- The planet which has the most extreme
temperature in the solar system ranging from
over 400 degs C during the day to -200 degs
C at night.
- the second closest to the sun;
- purple in colour;
- 5 and a half times bigger than Pluto;
- one of the planets that does not have any
- the only planet to have life;
- a planet that has one moon;
- made up of 1/3 land and 2/3 water;
- the only planet to have water.
- red in colour ;
- otherwise know as the red planet;
- not as hot as Earth;
- made up of an iron core which is
2,900km in diameter.
- the biggest planet;
- orange in colour;
- surrounded by 17 moons;
- 62 times bigger than Pluto.
- surrounded by rings which are not
- sixth planet from the sun;
- second largest in the solar system;
- the root of the English word Saturday;
- the least dense of the planets : 75%
Hydrogen and 25% Helium.
• Uranus is:
- blue in colour;
- the seventh planet from the sun;
- the third largest by diameter;
- made up of an atmosphere 83%
Hydrogen, 15% Helium and 2% Methane;
- a planet visited by Voyager 2 on
- dark blue in colour;
- 22 times bigger than Pluto;
- a planet that has 8 moons.
- There are 62 moons in our solar system.