In 2007 , the Warrington School Sports Partnership produced a
Handball Strategy targeting four areas of activity:
• CPD for existing PE and WASSP staff in a partnership
between England Handball and WASSP
• Volunteering and leadership training with the EHA
• Embedding handball on the school curriculum.
• Competition at Key Stage 2 to 5
• England Handball Association (EHA)
• Warrington Wolves Foundation (WWF)
• Liverpool Handball Club (LHC)
• WASSP / WWF Objectives
• Develop eight community handball clubs.
• Recruit volunteer co-ordinators to form
support committees for each club.
• These committees will be tasked with
addressing funding and sustainability
• Sport Unlimited Objectives
• Term 1
• Four new ‘Out of School Hours Learning’ (OSHL
• Recruit and retain a minimum of eight male and eight female players from KS3,
• WASSP/WWF KS3 Handball Winter Cup.
• Term 2
• Recruit and retain a minimum of eight male and eight female players from KS4,
• WASSP/WWF KS4 Handball Spring Cup.
• Term 3
• Recruit and retain a minimum of eight male and eight female players from KS2,
• WASSP/WWF KS2 Handball Summer Cup.
• Sport Unlimited Handball
Outcomes Yr 1
• Four new Community Handball Clubs evolving from Sport Unlimited sessions
• Eight Community Coaches delivering across Warrington
• Sports Leaders assisting at clubs
• 6 High Schools embedding Handball into KS3 Curriculum
• Students have pathway from school to club
• Warrington Handball Development Group established
• Warrington Wolves Handball Academy established for G&T players
• Sport Unlimited Programme directly linked to EHA 4 yr Elite Player Pathway