Names: ______________________, ____________________, ___________________
Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases Scavenger Hunt
1. A _______________________ tumor is a mass of abnormal cells.
2. A ______________________ is the removal of a sample of tissue forma person for examination.
3. List 3 lifestyle changes that can help to reduce your risk of cancer:
4. List 4 types of cancer and what body structure or function is affected:
5. What is the difference between the 3 types of Cancer treatment?
6. _______________,____________________, and __________________ are examples of flu symptoms.
7. Mononucleosis is a __________________ disease.
8. There are ______________ types of Hepatitis.
9. True or False (circle one): There are many different types of cures for Arthritis.
10. Osteoroarthritis is ___________________________________________________________________
11. Risk factors for osteoarthritis include: _______________________, ______________________, and
12. What happens to the joints that are affected by rheumatoid arthritis?
13. What is heart disease?
14. A __________________ is a serious condition that occurs when an artery of the brain breaks or becomes
15. Type _________ DIABETES is a condition in which the body cannot effectively use the insulin it produces.
16. ______________________ is a protein made in the pancreas that regulates the level of glucose in the blood.
17. A histamine is ________________________________________________________________________
18. An ______________________ is a substance that cause allergic responses.
19. Common triggers for ASTHMA include:
20. A strategy for managing asthma include using a ________________________ which is a medication used
to relax the muscles around air passages.
21. Pneumonia is a serious ___________________________ in the lungs.
22. ___________________ is a bacterial disease that is spread through the __________________.
23. True or False: Only strep throat that is caused by bacteria can be treated with antibiotics.
24. List all of the Communicable Diseases on the posters:
25. List all of the Non-Communicable Diseases on the posters: