Morning Announcements for Thursday, October 29, 2009
1. Students and Staff: Bands4Fans has a new and improved version of their already amazing band. For this week only, glow-
in-the-dark bands will be sold especially for the Fremont Game! These bands are engraved with “LIGHTS OUT
FREMONT!” All bands will be $1 and will be sold in all lunch periods and before/after school in room 412S. We encourage
the purchase of these bands to truly show off your Blue Streak pride to Fremont Ross!
2. Students and Staff: Today the SCIENCE OGT test will be given. Please report to your assigned testing room immediately
3. Everyone: There will be a Future Educator meeting after school on Wednesday, November 4 th. We will meet in Room 113.
4. Fall Sports Athletes: You are reminded that the fall sports banquet is Wednesday, November 11 th at 6 PM. You must take
your form to the Athletic Office by Wednesday November 4 th to get your tickets. Extra forms are available there. Tickets for
family members are $8 ea. If you do not go to the banquet, you will not receive your awards!
5. Girls Interested in Playing Basketball: Try-outs are Nov. 2, 2009 at 3:15. Must have all paper work turned in.
6. Girls: Any girls interested in playing Rayos Indoor Soccer this winter, pick up form in Athletic Office.
7. Everyone: Anyone interested in Fellowship of Christian athletes in encouraged to attend this Sunday’s meeting at 5 p.m. in
the gym. Come for fun and fellowship.
8. Students & Staff: The United Way is the REAL winner in the Homeroom contest. However, those leading homerooms are:
Mr. Shannon (leaders), Mr. Seiler (2nd), and Mrs. Poggiali (3rd). Keep giving; tomorrow is the last day.
9. Everyone: October’s foreign language students of the month are selected because of excellent attendance, outstanding class
work and a positive attitude: French ~ Darion Booth, German ~ Donovan Cole, Latin ~ Olivia Cundiff, and Spanish ~ Elena
Jones, Kayla Rogers, and Zayvier Dickerson.
10. Attention Gymnasts: There will be an informational meeting for anyone interested in participating in gymnastics Friday,
November 6th in Room 300 after school. Please plan to attend and pick up your information.
11. NHS Students: Your NHS t-shirts are in. Stop in room 263 after school to pick up your shirts.
12. All Students and Staff: Bonfire tonight behind the high school at 7 PM. Come out and show your spirit. BEAT FREMONT!
13. Potential Boys Basketball: All potential boys’ basketball players will have a meeting Monday, November 2nd in Room 312
beginning at 3:10. Paperwork and tryout schedule will be handed out at this time.
14. Potential Boys Basketball Players: Except current football players, open gym is moved to 7:30 – 9:00 PM this evening.
15. Attention All Students and Staff: Today in Athletics we have the following events scheduled: none
Health Center Schedule:
Mon. – Venice AM – SHS PM
Tues. – Venice AM – SHS PM
Wed. – Adams All Day
Thurs. – Ontario AM – SHS PM
Fri. – SHS
Word of the Month ~ Responsibility
Word of the Week ~ Consideration
“We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
But if that drop was not in the ocean, I think the ocean would be less.” ~Mother Teresa