Instructions for use.
1. Manually input data on Log worksheet in columns A through E. Erase any data already processed.
Particularly for contests, it may be easy to fill in columns A through C by copying down the column.
2. Copy down (or delete) formulas in columns G and H on Log worksheet to match length of data input.
3. On the ADIF worksheet, copy down (or delete) formulas in column A to match length of Log sheet.
The last row occupied on both Log and ADIF sheets will be the same.
4. VERY IMPORTANT: then save this Excel workbook in Excel format (normal save).
5. After saving in Excel format, go to ADIF worksheet and Save As (your choice of name)
in Text (MS-DOS) format. Choose "Text (MS-DOS)" from the drop-down list in the Save As
dialog box (it's pretty far down the list). Give the file a name in double-quotes,
with an .ADI extension, like "W8TM_log3.ADI" This will save only the one worksheet;
ignore warnings about lost info.
6. Shut down Excel. It will issue a warning and ask you if you want to save. Ignore the
warning and shut down without saving anything.
7. Check that you didn't screw up by reopening this workbook in Excel (it should be unchanged from step 3)
and by viewing the .ADI file in a text editor (it should look like the ADIF worksheet but without
columns or blank lines).
8. The .ADI file you saved should be able to be signed by TQSL and e-mailed to LoTW.
DON'T SKIP STEP 4.
If you screw up steps 5 or later, you can restart from the Excel file saved in Step 4.
If you want to make more manual ADI entry workbooks like this one, you can copy this file in Explorer or
Save As an Excel workbook from Excel, under a new file name in either case.
If TQSL expands the list of bands it will process, insert them in frequency order on the Band Table worksheet.
Comment: out-of-band frequency input results in the next-lower frequency band name (or #N/A if less than 1.8).
Mode names should match those listed in TQSL's manual ADIF editor.
Input Data in red. Calculated columns
My Call W8TM copy down as needed
QSO # for convenience only.
Freq MHz Mode Date Time Worked Band QSO #
1.810 CW ###### 2103 W8MJ 160M 1
5.250 PHONE ###### 2105 W8CAR 60M 2
10.120 CW ###### 2108 W8AV 30M 3
14.250 PHONE ###### 2110 NI3S 20M 4
146.520 FM ###### 2111 K8DX 2M 5
220.000 FM ###### 2113 W2TZ 1.25M 6
425.000 FM ###### 2114 WA9IRV 70CM 7
1240.100 CW ###### 2116 K4FXN 23CM 8
47000.000 CW ###### 2117 K8JM 6MM 9
450000.000 CW ###### 2119 W0CG SUBMM 10
b38a544a-12fc-416d-968a-433396656fb3.xls 12/8/2011 Page 2 of 4
Table of Bands Processed by TQSL
This table should match that in TQSL's manual ADIF editor.
Lower Limit of Band (MHz) Band Name