Dr. Galen Spencer Hull
TSU College of Business
Office of International Business Programs
330 10th Avenue North, Suite K-45
Nashville, TN 37203-3403 U N I V E R S I T Y
Tennessee State University (TSU) was
established in 1912 in Nashville, Tennessee. The Pre-MBA Foundation Modules were
The University has grown to an enrollment of developed and produced by the College of
over 8,500 students and is a comprehensive Business Administration at Tennessee Tech
urban state institution consisting of seven University, a Tennessee Board of Regents
Colleges and Schools. The College of (TBR)institution. This is the same body that
Business is among the largest academic units governs Tennessee State University and
on campus, with a thousand undergraduates therefore both institutions are bound by the
and over one hundred graduate students. same regulations and stipulations.
Tennessee Tech has granted Tennessee
The College of Business at TSU is fully
State University full authority to use the
accredited by the Association to Advance This program is offered in collaboration with
modules for its business programs.
Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). the College of Business Adminstration at
Among the 1,500 MBA programs in the U.S. Tennessee Tech University
today, only about 20% are AACSB accredited.
The College of Business faculty members
at TSU are all doctorally qualified, holding
PhD’s from many well known private
institutions such as Case Western Reserve
and Northwestern, and state institutions such
as Michigan State University, the University of
Arkansas, and the University of Texas.
Work toward your MBA by taking classes virtually anytime, anywhere...
The Pre-MBA – Foundation Program
Waivers will be granted for modules where the
The TSU Distance MBA program is pleased to offer applicant has taken the undergraduate equivalent
seven self-paced, non-credit Pre-MBA Foundation and received a grade of C or better. To complete a
modules for students who do not have an module, you must pass a competency-based
undergraduate business degree from an accredited validation exam. You will be given two attempts per
institution. Upon successful completion of the seven module to pass the exam.
modules and meeting the other admission
requirements, you will be eligible to enroll in TSU’s Why enroll in TSU’s Pre-MBA distance learning
MBA program. program? Because it offers advantages that
traditional programs cannot:
❖ The Pre-MBA Program is accessible.
No matter where you are, this program is available to
you as long as you have a computer and an internet
❖ The Pre-MBA Program is flexible.
➣ Marketing You choose which module to study first – then go
• Basic concepts employed in today’s marketplace from there.
• Environmental analysis and marketing research
• Overview of tactics employed in today’s ❖ The Pre-MBA Program is affordable.
marketplace When compared to traditional Pre-MBA course costs,
• Exploration of market driven strategies both in financial terms and the opportunity cost of
time spent in the classroom, this approach provides
The seven non-credit modules, all in CD-Rom ➣ Management/Human Resources/ quality foundation at affordable cost.
format, are as follows: Organizational Behavior
• Study of classical management and behavior ❖ The Pre-MBA Program is portable.
➣ Accounting models Because there are no formal classes, you can work
• Practical approaches to problem solving • Motivational factors utilized in today’s workplace at your leisure. You can self-study at home or any
• Tools you can use on the job • Overview of practical management theories place there is a computer available.
• An information user approach to accounting • Conflict resolution as applied to the work
• Using accounting to cope with routine decision environment
➣ Finance ➣ Statistics/Quantitative Methods Admission to the TSU Distance MBA Program
• Practical tools for decision-making in business • Emphasis on mathematical modeling
today • Application of computer software in decision- Upon completion of the Pre-MBA Distance learning
• Learn cash flows and personal financial making program, you are eligible to apply for admission to the
management • Study of statistics as applied to business Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
• Strong emphasis on problem solving problems There is no minimum amount of time required for
• Techniques useful in class and the real world • Modern queing theory utilized for problems completion of the modules.
analysis The student who wishes to take several module
➣ Economics exams in the same period of time may do so.
• Analysis of elements in micro & macro ➣ Business Law Additional requirements include an undergraduate
economics • Recognize and avoid legal pitfalls in business transcript (minimum of 2.5 grade point average out of
• Study and function of real world markets • Basic legal concepts that affect business 4.0) and a passing score on the Graduate
• Real world applications of economic theories • Understand the regulatory environment of Management Aptitude Test (GMAT).
• Useful overview of complex economic issues business