Employee Job Description
Job Title: Outpatient Therapist/Case Manager FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Blue Mountain Counseling Location: 221 E. Washington
Supervisor (Job Title): Clinical Director Dayton, WA
Schedule: Monday – Friday, Weekend Crisis Coverage per schedule
Job Summary: Provide quality therapeutic counseling and testing services to
individuals, families and groups within the mental health program and other programs as
directed. Provide case management services as appropriate. Assist in on-going
development and evaluation of the sexual abuse/assault and domestic violence
programs as assigned by supervisor. Function as a DMHP, providing emergency
services according to the on-call schedule.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Provide assessment and quality therapeutic counseling services to individuals,
families and groups within the mental health program and other programs as
2. Provide case management services, as the individual need for these services is
3. Perform DMHP (Designated Mental Health Professional) duties as assigned, in
accordance with current WAC and RCW requirements. Participate in required Crisis
meetings with the Clinical Director and be on the monthly crisis schedule.
4. Develop Individual Service Plans (ISP) and reviews according to current WAC
5. Ensure Quality Assurance and Quality Assurance Review (QAR) processes
pertaining to consumer services are in accordance with applicable local, regional,
state, and federal mandates.
6. Develops and maintains working relationships with community resources which may
be utilized to maintain, support and enhance the functioning of mentally ill
7. Initiate discharge plans and community placement plans for clients hospitalized.
Work closely with hospital staff on placement for client.
8. Maintain all client records on a current basis and in accordance with agency
standards and state, federal and contract requirements.
9. Assist with necessary data collection and reports.
10. Provide community consultation and education services, as assigned by supervisor.
11. Participate in psychiatric/psychological consultation, as requested by supervisor.
12. Maintain consumer and staff confidentiality at all times.
13. Possess advanced writing and computer skills to perform the functions of this job
14. Provide immediate crisis intervention and resolution, as necessary and appropriate.
15. Obtain and maintain appropriate training and continuing education as mandated by
contract requirements and DSHS.
16. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Pre and Post Employment Conditions:
1. Current licensure as a counselor.
2. Documentation of requirement completion in specialty counselor fields.
3. Obtain and maintain appropriate training and continuing education as mandated.
4. Obtain and maintain Medic First Aid training.
5. Be free of illegal drugs.
6. Maintain a privately owned and insured vehicle for job use as necessary.
7. A working knowledge of and adherence to agency policies and procedures.
8. Current residence telephone and address information.
9. Pass Washington State Patrol background, Debarment and Excluded List checks.
10. Receive and document required training.
11. Signed documentation of adherence to confidentiality policy requirements.
12. Valid Washington State drivers license and acceptable driving record.
13. Tuberculosis testing upon hire, updated testing as necessary.
Education Required: Masters Degree in behavioral, social sciences or related field from
an accredited college or university. Must be a licensed Mental Health Counselor and/or
Marriage and Family Counselor or working on a plan to obtain such certification.
Experience Required: Must have at least 2 years experience in the direct treatment of
mentally ill clients under the direct supervision of a Mental Health Professional.
Skills Required: Proficient in a variety of counseling techniques; ability to communicate
appropriately with professional and non-professional individuals. Must possess
advanced oral and written communication techniques.
Special Accommodation Request:
Is there any reason you cannot perform the essential job duties of this job description
with or without a special accommodation?
If yes, please explain: _____________________________________________________
I acknowledge that I have read this job description and understand what is expected of
me in this position.
Employee Signature Date