Nouns and Verbs
• What is a noun?
• A noun is a person, place, thing or
• It can be common or proper
• Movie Theater
• Animals fit into this category
• Ice Cream
• They are still nouns, but they give
• Mrs. Neal
• Mrs. Palomino
• Ms. Magallanes
• Hillary Duff
• These are exact names!
• Serrano Elementary
• Claim Jumper
• Mimi’s Café
• Perris Lake
• Moreno Valley
• Marty (the lion from Madagascar)
• Next we are going to work on a
worksheet as part of our review. You
have seen this worksheet before so
it should take less time to complete
• What is a verb?
• A verb shows action!
• Flying, talking, walking, shopping
• A verb can be from the be family
• Verbs can be present, past, or future
• Verbs can be helping
• Am, Is, Are Was Were are all verbs
• I am tall.
• He is nice.
• She was a good student.
• Were you going to talk to your
• Tells what is happening right now
• They usually are just the word, or
they end in –s, or –ing
• Today she shops.
• I am shopping.
• Don’t shop!
Verbs can be in the past
• These verbs usually end in –ed
Verbs in the future
• These verbs tell what will happen.
• These verbs usually have the word
will in front of them.
• I will go to the store tomorrow.
• In a week he will wash his car.
• There are three helping verbs we
• Has, Have, Had
• I have talked to her.
• She had walked home at 3:00.
• He has been my friend for a long