Jodi Awards 2009 for accessible digital media
1. I have read the information about the ‘Awards Criteria’ on the Jodi Awards
2. I checked that the nomination form is complete.
3. I have provided any additional information requested under question 11
Please provide the amount of detail you think is relevant. Complex and multi-
faceted projects may require more information than simple ones:
1. briefly describe your organisation (number of staff, budget, collections,
services to visitors/audiences)
2. describe the project, service or facility which you are submitting for an
3. describe the key features of the project, service or facility which made a
difference in improving access for disabled people (for website
nominations, please see end of the form)
4. provide information about how disabled users were involved and, if you
can, feedback from disabled people (attach additional information if you
5. how has involvement of and consultation with disabled people influenced
the project and the outcome?
6. describe any commitments which have been made for the ongoing
improvement or sustainability of the project, service or facility.
7. provide information on how your organisation makes service information
accessible to disabled people and how it promotes it (please add any
sample leaflets and provide weblink).
8. provide information about what else your organisation does to make
collections and services at your venue accessible to disabled people (e.g.
disability action plan; accessible events, exhibitions, book stock, etc).
9. when was your project completed?
10. for which Award category are you submitting?
Award category Write ‘yes’
Digital Access Online (UK)
Digital Access Online -
International (for websites
outside the UK)
Digital Access Onsite (UK)
Digital Access for People with a
Learning Difficulty (UK)
11. Please provide additional information which is specific to your Award
Nominations for Digital Access Online
All nominations for websites need to complete this section.
2.1.1 web address of nominated website:
2.1.2 describe the extent to which your website currently meets the Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG1 or WCAG2) of the World Web Consortium’s
(W3C) and provide evidence for this.
2.1.3 describe any automated validation tools being used to test the accessibility
of your website.
2.1.4 describe the manual processes which are used to test accessibility of your
2.1.5 provide information about how users have been involved (if not already
provided under question 4.)
2.1.6 describe any feature on your website aimed at interpreting or making
collections accessible to disabled people (e.g. descriptions of on-line
exhibits, an accessible library catalogue, webpages designed for people with
Nominations for Digital Access Onsite
All nominations for onsite projects need to add a minimum of 3 pictures of the
service/facility/artwork created onsite, with a brief description of what is on the
If you wish to provide additional materials, such as a DVD, please send these by
Monday 21 September 2009 and by post to:
Marcus Weisen, Development Manager, Jodi Mattes Trust, Jouanvins, 07160 Le
The deadline for submitting nominations is by close of Friday 25 September
Please return completed forms and attachments by email to:
If you have queries about your nomination please contact Marcus Weisen by
email or by phone (0033-4-26 53 30 60).
The decision of the panel of judges will be final. ends.