This is a company policy that provides leave with pay for salaried employees that are
summoned for jury duty. It sets forth the proper procedure for employees to follow when
they are called for jury duty. Employees must comply with the policy regarding
informing the company and providing the appropriate documentation. This is a standard
jury duty policy and it may be specifically tailored to reflect a company's unique policy.
This should be used by a company's human resources department and provided to its
TO: All Salaried Employees
FROM: Human Resources Department
DATE: ___________ [Instruction: Insert Date]
SUBJECT: Jury Duty Policy
1. It is the policy of ___________ [Instruction: Insert Company Name] (“Company”) to
provide leave with pay to all salaried employees (“Employee”) that are summoned for jury duty.
2. Upon receipt of a summons for jury duty, Employee should promptly advise Company, and
make a request for paid leave for jury duty. At such time, Employee shall provide Company
with a copy of the summons. Employee shall keep Company informed at all times regarding
Employee’s juror status.
3. If Employee’s jury duty is scheduled to occur at a time when Employee’s work is of extreme
importance to Company, Employee should request a postponement of jury duty. It is
acknowledged that the granting of such a request is solely within the Court’s jurisdiction.
4. Any Employee summoned to jury duty may be authorized leave with pay for up to
___________ (__) days [Instruction: Insert Number of Days] in any calendar year. Any time
in excess of the applicable maximum will be charged against Employee’s vacation accrual or
leave without pay, at the option of Employee. Employee shall be responsible for informing the
Court about any hardships created by being assigned to cases that may extend beyond
___________ (__) days [Instruction: Insert Number of Days] of jury duty.
5. Following completion of jury duty, Employee shall provide Company with a statement from
the Court indicating actual time served on jury duty. If such documentation is not provided to
Company the time will be charged against Employee’s vacation accrual or leave without pay,
and, at Company’s discretion, the Employee may be subject to disciplinary action.
6. Exceptions to this Policy require the express prior written approval of the Human