This is a consent that is used by the spouse or domestic partner of a person with an
interest in a particular partnership. Marriage in community property states will result in
the new spouse or domestic partner obtaining a community property interest in the
partnership. This consent form establishes that the spouse with the interest in the
partnership will have full power and management of all interests in the partnership
including those interests that are community property. This form should be used by new
spouses or domestic partners of a partner to consent to their full management and
power over all of the community partnership interest in the partnership.
CONSENT OF SPOUSE AGREEMENT (or Registered Domestic Partner)
I certify that:
1. I am the spouse (or registered domestic partner) of __________, [Instruction: Insert
name] an individual who executed the [INSERT NAME OF PARTNERSHIP] Partnership
Agreement and who is a Partner in the Partnership described in that Agreement.
2. I have read and approved the provisions of that Partnership Agreement, including but not
limited to those relating to the purchase, sale, or other disposition of the Partnership Interest, as
defined therein, of a deceased, retiring, withdrawing, legally incompetent or terminated Partner.
3. I agree to be bound by and accept the provisions of that Partnership Agreement in place
of all other interests I may have in that Partnership, whether the interest may be community
property or otherwise.
4. My spouse (or registered domestic partner) shall have full power of management of all
interest in the Partnership, including any portion of those interests that are my community
property, and he/she has the full right, without my further approval, to exercise the voting rights
as a Partner in the Partnership, to execute any amendments to the Partnership Agreement, and to
sell, transfer, encumber, and deal in any manner with that Partnership Interest, including any
portion of those interests that are my community property.
5. I acknowledge and understand that I have been advised to seek legal counsel of my own
prior to executing this Agreement.
6. I further acknowledge that I have read this Agreement and fully understand the terms,
nature and effect of this Agreement which I voluntarily execute in good faith.
Executed on _______________, 20___, at __________________, California.
By: _____________________ (signature of spouse or domestic partner)
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. registered document proprietary, copy not 2