A Wrinkle in Time
Directions: Choose 1 question to answer from each group
below. Each question should be at least 3-5 sentences. The
essay question should be 1-3 paragraphs.
Group 1 (2 points each):
1. What is the black thing that Mrs. Whatsit shows the children on Uriel?
2. To the best of your ability explain what a Tesseract is.
3. What are the inhabitants of Ixchel like?
Group 2 (3 points each):
1. What is so remarkable about Charles Wallace? What is his relationship with his
mother, sister, and brothers?
2. What exactly is the relationship between Meg and Calvin? Why is Calvin an
important character? How would the story be different without him?
3. Who are Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which? How would you characterize each
of them? How are each of them important to the story?
Group 3 (3 points each):
1. What happened to the boy in Camazotz who couldn’t bounce his ball in rhythm?
2. Why does Meg have to be the one to go back to Camazotz and rescue Charles
Wallace from IT?
3. What is IT?
Group 4 (4 points each):
Explain one of the following quotations. Tell what the quotation means within the context
of the story and why the author of the quotation is important (if applicable) or why the
author chose to use this quotation in th