Friendship Fifth Grade News
February 28, 2011
Vocabulary Words Mar. st
1 Vinny’s Pizza
Mar. 2nd : Ga. Writing Assessment
3. conflict Mar. 8th : Six Flags Forms due
4. plot Mar. 8th : Report Cards
6. tone Writing/ J. Brown:(email@example.com)
Georgia Writing Test Wednesday! Make sure your child eats a good breakfast
– we will be testing all morning! Thursday and Friday we will be looking at
8. foreshadowing sentences and identifying the parts of speech.
10. climax Reading/A. Taylor: (firstname.lastname@example.org
11. resolution We finished reading Hatchet and will talk about the prequels and sequels to
12. imagery the book. We will also take some time to study the author, Gary Paulsen, by
13. mental image looking at his webpage and his other works. We will begin reading “Out of the
Dust”, a historical fiction book set in the Great Depression during the Dust
Bowl. READ 20 PAGES A NIGHT MONDAY-THURSDAY NIGHTS. ALL
15. comprehension STUDENTS MUST HAVE 18 BOOKS READ AND TESTED ON BY
Vocabulary- - Story Elements- Homework due Thursday.
Kiss a Pig Contest
Vote for your favorite teachers to Math/K. Gabrielle; (email@example.com)
percent/fraction/decimal equivalencies. No homework this week. No test this
kiss a pig week. Good luck on the Writing Test!
on March 7 morning announcement.
Each vote is only a .50₵ donation to Science/Forbes (firstname.lastname@example.org) We finished Chapter Five
Wednesday…we will begin Chapter Two Monday – Earth Science. If
Relay for Life (American Cancer Society) your child signed up for a science project this third weeks, it is now
You can vote each morning starting due.
February 21-March 4.
Social Studies/C. Taylor: (email@example.com)
If you have more than one group of
Website: ctaylorfriendship.org. The test over chapter 7 will be
favorite teachers don’t forget to postponed to next week due to the Writing Test. They will receive
vote for them, too! Just go to their the study guide later on this week.
pod area to place your vote. Health Tip of the Week
You may also write a check to the Breakfast fills your "empty tank" to get you going after a long
American Cancer Society. night without food and it can help you do better in school. Easy
to prepare breakfasts include cold cereal with fruit and low-fat
milk, whole-wheat toast with peanut butter, yogurt with fruit, or