2011 - 2012
Please complete the following form in full and please print legibly.
Student Applicant Information
Home Address: _________________________________________________________
Phone Number: _________________________________________________________
Educational Institution Information
Mailing Address: ________________________________________________________
Semester or Year Attending: ______________________________________________
College, Faculty or Course Attending: _______________________________________
The scholarship cheques will be made payable to the winning students
and mailed to the address provided above.
APTEA Member Information
Name of APTEA Member: ________________________________________________
Employee Number: ______________________________________________________
Business Unit and Mail Code: ______________________________________________
How is the student related to the APTEA Member? _____________________________
By submitting this application we are certifying that the above information is valid and accurate and we authorize the APTEA
Scholarship Committee to verify the above information at the addresses or numbers given. We hereby waive any privilege of
confidentiality that may apply with respect to such information.
Student Applicant Signature: ___________________ Date: ____________
Member Signature: ___________________________ Date: ____________
Please return the completed application form and proof of acceptance into full-time studies
at an accredited post secondary institution to
Vickie Megrath, APTEA Director, Transportation, Mail Code # 8067
By October 14, 2011, to be eligible for the 2011 - 2012 APTEA Scholarship draw.
Eligibility Requirements are noted below.
Also, see the NOTE below regarding a TD Meloche Monnex scholarship.
1. The APTEA Scholarship, first awarded for the 1996 - 1997 academic year, was for one (1)
$500.00 payment. In the 2008 – 2009 academic year there were four (4) $500.00 scholarships
awarded based on a random selection from applications received by October 14, 2011, for that
2. All applications will be date stamped when received and any applications that are incomplete or
received after the due date will not be considered.
3. Financial need, academic standing and location of institution are not criteria for acceptance or
refusal of any application into the random draw for the APTEA Scholarship.
4. The Scholarship Committee of the Association will draw for the scholarships at the 2011 APTEA
Annual General Meeting. The date of the meeting is Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at Fort
5. APTEA will advertise the availability of the scholarships each year to its members by way of the
newsletter, internal office mail or by any other methods available.
1. Applicant may be a voting APTEA member, the legal spouse, dependant child / grandchild under
the age of 25 of an eligible APTEA member providing that the member has been a paid
member for at least 12 months prior to the application deadline. Proof of relationship may be
2. The Applicant must show proof of acceptance, in writing, into full-time studies at an accredited
post secondary institution (university, trade or technical school) for the current year.
3. Applicants should keep a copy of all forms or letters submitted and return the original signed
application form to the Scholarship Committee c/o:
Vickie Megrath, APTEA Director
Mail Code # 8067
4. The winners will be notified in writing and cheques issued to the winning students.
5. The scholarship winners’ names as well as the APTEA members’ names will be published on the
APTEA website www.APTEA.org as soon as possible after the draw takes place.
6. If you have any questions, please email APTEA@shaw.ca
NOTE: TD Meloche Monnex, a Value Added Benefit sponsor to APTEA,
has provided an additional $300 scholarship.
The winner will be drawn from all applications received. Eligibility requirements for
the TD Meloche Monnex scholarship are the same as the APTEA scholarship.